Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barrow Valley Retail Park

Options
  • 12-09-2007 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hi

Anyone know whats shop etc are going into the Barrow Valley Retail Park? Its the park beside Dunnes and 4 Home. Lifestyle sports moved in there this week. I cant understand why Dunnes never included clothes in there new store! I wonder had this anything to do with the County Council??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭lynch_3001

fitzyshea wrote:
    Hi

Anyone know whats shop etc are going into the Barrow Valley Retail Park? Its the park beside Dunnes and 4 Home. Lifestyle sports moved in there this week. I cant understand why Dunnes never included clothes in there new store! I wonder had this anything to do with the County Council??
    dunnes didnt get the clothes due to a scuffle between port loaise and carlow co. co. it went to an bord pleanala and didnt win. they can only have a a small amount of floor space to clothes.....

havent a clue what going in there. would like to know meself

• Registered Users Posts: 19,405 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Does carlow really need all these DIY Stores and retail parks. Another one going up on the Dublin road.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭patrickc

mfitzy wrote:
    Does carlow really need all these DIY Stores and retail parks. Another one going up on the Dublin road.

yeh it's homebase, well hopefully it means people won't be so reliant on a very expensive woodies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭lynch_3001

well carlow does need more buissness then apartment blocks, etc................but atm i think we need to sort out why we dont have any production or small buissnesses in carlow

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭fitzyshea

yeh it's homebase, well hopefully it means people won't be so reliant on a very expensive woodies

Dont forget Burger King as well!! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭patrickc

fitzyshea wrote:
    Dont forget Burger King as well!! :eek:

it was the hardware stores i was on about. i'll never forget bk, umm the angus burgers

• Registered Users Posts: 19,405 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Carlow has gone from being a town with an enviable manufacturing sector to over reliance on construction, retail and commuting..
    thank god for Teagasc HQ and the IT though for some high calibre jobs.

Advertisement