Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One legged skiing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Wow. He must have some strong right leg!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

He looked pretty fecked at the end when he finnaly fell over, too much showing off in one day must really take it out of you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 62 ✭✭jimdev

Bode is just disgustingly good. He did a damn good jog of looking like he wasn't even trying, standing up, arms by his sides, just bouncing along. Do you have any idea how hard it is to turn a pair of downhill skis? Let alone one ski. They are 230cm long, have over a 45m side-cut and way about as much as a cement mixing truck! That and the fact he actually moves pretty far inside the turn on his inside foot turns without falling over, he must be doing about 70 mph... on one ski... on a run that they injected water and fertilizer into to make it into super-hard ice... and he looks relaxed??? Sick! Just Sick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

I wonder is that how snowboarding was invented?

"Woah, crap my ski...... wait a minute.... this gives me an idea" :rolleyes:

Some skill in fairness though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭Pablo

I've seen a guy (two legs) using something called a UniSki, it's just one thick ski, kind of like snowboarding except that you use the skiing principles. Both feet were tied to the board.

Skiing is a sport at the winter special olympics, so I guess there are many one legged skiers out there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Pablo wrote: »
    I've seen a guy (two legs) using something called a UniSki, it's just one thick ski, kind of like snowboarding except that you use the skiing principles. Both feet were tied to the board.
    There is this type of monoski that I've defiantely seen a few of about. I also saw someone on a slight variation of that before though and they either didn't have both bindings in line, or theyr were more like telemark bindings as he appeared to be going down in a very strange stance from what I could tell by my view from the lift above him.
    Pablo wrote: »
    Skiing is a sport at the winter special olympics, so I guess there are many one legged skiers out there.
    I've also seen several people on these as well which I guess would be more the type used in a para-olympics event.

The scariest way of getting down the mountain though had to be the blind skiiers who have to rely totally on their guide shouting instructions at them. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

There is this type of monoski that I've defiantely seen a few of about

That first one looks really uncomfortable....

Advertisement