Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best food for that burnt smell!

• 12-09-2007 1:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

I just cooked up some bacon and left it a fraction too long before whipping it from under the grill. It smells heavenly! :)

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I'm actually a big fan of burnt toast..... let it go cold for a bit and then put lots of butter on it. The house will smell of toast all day then! Yum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,529 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Chargrill on a gas stove... Great for that burnt smell and burnt taste..
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

Left beef mince on a little longer than I'd have liked yesterday and a small amount stuck to the pan and got slightly charred. I love the smell of cooking mince anyway but that smelled wonderful! :D

I should note that it wasn't burnt as usually burnt beef smells rancid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Kevok wrote:
    Left beef mince on a little longer than I'd have liked yesterday and a small amount stuck to the pan and got slightly charred. I love the smell of cooking mince anyway but that smelled wonderful! :D

I should note that it wasn't burnt as usually burnt beef smells rancid.
    god i hate the smell of mince cooking,makes me heave big time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭euph

eating the burnt bits of lasagne off the edge of the roasting dish !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

I always forget to check the potatoes so the water boils off. I love the burnt bits that end up stuck to the bottom of the pot......mmmmm.....

Advertisement