Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Hand Road Bikes

Options
  • 12-09-2007 1:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to buy a second hand road bike but don't really know where to look. I'd be using it for commuting out to Phoenix park for training mainly. I'd rather use an older bike for the nasty months ahead rather than having to worry about all the grit and wear my current bike would pick up. One of my friends has an old style Trek that's really solid (Think it's an 80's model) and I think looks really cool, would anyone have any idea where I could pick up something similar?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Buy & Sell and adverts.ie are good sources. You could also post a wanted ad there. What's your budget?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭PeadarofAodh

I don't know...maybe about 500 including any fixing up that needs doing? I'll start by taking a look there anyway, thanks.

500 should be enough to get you a quite decent modern road bike second hand, something like a year-old Trek 1000 for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

you could have a new bike if you spent just a litlle more here is an ok bike to start on only 582.00 not a bad price

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ProductDetail.aspx?Cat=cycle&ProdID=5360027214&n=Univega%20Via%20Laser%20Road%20Bike%202007

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Clum

blorg wrote:
    500 should be enough to get you a quite decent modern road bike second hand, something like a year-old Trek 1000 for example.

Anybody know any shops that supply Trek road bikes (new) in Ireland?

• Advertisement

I've seen them in (Dublin shops: )

Joe Daly, Dundrum
    Cycleogical, Quays
    Hollingsworth, Kilmacud and Templeogue
    Commuting Solutions, Rathmines
    MacDonalds, Wexford Street

This is the distributor although they do list shops that don't stock Trek (such as Cycleways.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭PeadarofAodh

Thing is I have a Trek 1000, about 6 months old at this stage. I just wouldn't mind having a backup that isn't my 10 year old raleigh wheelbarrow for those horrible months ahead cycling to training! Eventually I want to upgrade from my Trek but for the moment I'm just looking for an 'ol reliable that doesn't weigh more than my washing machine :D

Advertisement