Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Ski Holiday

Options
  • 12-09-2007 1:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

Gang of students looking for somewhere to go ths wintertime for a bit of skiing/snowboarding,so its got to be cheap,nothing too fancy,mostly beginners but some who know what theyre at also.Any info??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I've said it in one or two other threads, but I think Andorra ticks all your boxes. It's tax free so you won't get much cheaper (drink is criminally cheap) and it caters brilliantly for beginners. I'm not sure how it caters for more experienced skiers/boarders, when I was there it was my first time - but a few lads who were with me were fairly advanced and they had a good time. You can get lift passes that cover more than one resort, and it's great fun to trek across between them.
    Plus, it's one of the most accessible places you can go, probably the first name in the catalogue of any tour operator.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

I'm not sure how it caters for more experienced skiers/boarders

Its fine for experienced skiers/boarders, 320 Kms of runs if you get a good season

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

Also, if you don't go for a package and do the bits and pieces yourself, it can be really dirt cheap.

i.e.
    1) get a cheap ryan air flight (if available) to barcelona/toulouse
    2) rent a bus lift to from the airport to andorra
    3) rent a room in an apartment for dirt cheap for the week
    4) buy nachos and beer
    5) enjoy!!!

it's can be done real cheap - i have a few numbers of places there if you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Shane_O

Ill get back to ya on that triangle ,sound guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

Andorra isn't recommended for experienced skiiers, but then I don't think anywhere cheap is great for experienced skiiers.

There's a bunch of us heading to Val Thorens (3 Vallées) at the beginning of Jan without a tour company. Gonna cost about €600 including car rental, apartment, flights, skis and lift pass.

If you want any info PM me!

• Advertisement
Advertisement