Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Left Bank closing down...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭nicolaonfire

I'm not a fan of Karma in Galway.
    It's one of the most popular clubs in Galway though and always has a long queue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

not a fan of karma either. it only became popular when the radissons nightclub closed.
    karma in galway is quite blade, musicly and patron wise

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Podium dancers? Great - just what we need in Sligo... another haven for the pre-Velvet Room jocks.

WTF?
    What exactly is a pre-Velvet Room jock?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

There is a new market for the indie kid and/or the scruff in sligo seeing as the clarence brought in a shoes policy a few weeks back, yes the clarence (very nice about it on the door btw unlike some places), so if anyone took it over they would have a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭tommmy

elshambo wrote: »
    There is a new market for the indie kid and/or the scruff in sligo seeing as the clarence brought in a shoes policy a few weeks back, yes the clarence (very nice about it on the door btw unlike some places), so if anyone took it over they would have a chance

yeah there is a market aright but when you take into consideration that these indie kids are only a minority.where the majority of people going out will either be in envy,toffs or the velvet room.its leaves a very small amount of people.

And if your counting on that kinda of crowd to come every night that its open.well you just have an up hill battle right there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

basquille wrote: »
    Have to agree with el_weirdo on that.. always bothered me too!

You didn't even have to be too near the loos or pool table but in the general vicinity was enough.

God that place was a right dingy hole. It was fecking rank inside, and like you said the whiff from the jacks was something else. I was in there one night and someone had made a 'mess' of one of the cubicles the night before. They put is as out of order rather than clean the thing. Good riddance to the place. Went downhill since it changed from the Garavogue

I have to say though, I will miss sittting out in the sun in the summer having a cool pint bottle of Bulmers. That is living.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 An Garbh Og

Garavogue REOPENING May Bank Holiday Weekend. WAtch local press for details

• Registered Users Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Tell us more DAMNIT!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

That's it. I'm moving home!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Garavogue REOPENING May Bank Holiday Weekend. WAtch local press for details

Excellent news if true :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

I hope its true.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

He is meant to be from longford: 3k a week rent, a bargain, they were looking for 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭MoonDancer

Yay! Looking forward to the cold beers & the (hopefully) sunny summer :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 An Garbh Og

An Garbh Og is situated on the banks of the Garavogue River in the heart of Sligo Town. An impressive stone building with tall windows and an old mill wheel, it boasts a riverside terrace ideal for dining and drinks. The main bar downstairs is bright and spacious with a French oak floor and comfortable couches. A menu of varied and seasonal food will be available all day, with lunch served from 12 - 3 and a full bar menu on offer from 3 until 6. Entertainment Weekly trad sessions, open mic night, Sunday jazz and coverage of all major sporting events are among the attractions that will be offered by Sligos newest bar.Opening May Bank Holiday Weekend

An Garbh Og is situated on the banks of the Garavogue River in the heart of Sligo Town. An impressive stone building with tall windows and an old mill wheel, it boasts a riverside terrace ideal for dining and drinks. The main bar downstairs is bright and spacious with a French oak floor and comfortable couches. A menu of varied and seasonal food will be available all day, with lunch served from 12 - 3 and a full bar menu on offer from 3 until 6. Entertainment Weekly trad sessions, open mic night, Sunday jazz and coverage of all major sporting events are among the attractions that will be offered by Sligos newest bar.Opening May Bank Holiday Weekend
    That's good and all.. but what's happening with The Left Bank?! :confused:

... hyuk hyuk! I'm here all week... tip your waitress on your way out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

what price bracket for the food? What kind of music will be played? (I know sunday jazz, so I wont be there on a sunday!)

Is this place supposed to be opening this weekend ? I'm not in Sligo during the week so I'm not 100% up but from what I can recall on this thread it was supposed to open on May Bank Holiday weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

its opening this friday. heard it is gonna be a sports bar. Will have pour your own pints too. Should be fun.....................

Official opening tomorrow night.. invite only!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

Official opening tomorrow night.. invite only!
    Have you got one!
    See its open just in time for the rugby on Sat....and the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

see ya tomorow night so!!

tuppence wrote: »
    Have you got one!
    Pfft.. they wouldn't let a ruffian like me darken their doors! :pac:

Will be going for a few scoops there over the weekend though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

Will be going for a few scoops there over the weekend though.

It'll be "Wedged"!!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 aine100

Is the Left Bank open again? I heard they had people on the payroll from two weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

aine100 wrote: »
    Is the Left Bank open again? I heard they had people on the payroll from two weeks ago.

open to the public from this friday night, staff have been there this week, not sure bout last week

Decent enough place , obviously was a rush job to get it open . The music is rubbish unfortunately though ,Was a bit weird hearing the cheesy pop hits in the Garavogue. Pour your own pint looks good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

Now is it just me or should this thread have a name change??? Everytime I look at it I have to laugh, it about caravogue opning but it's called leftbank closing.

Wasn't in it but was told the "Pour Your Own Pints" is only Carlsberg. If that's the case, it should be renamed "Pour Your Own Urine"!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I thought it was Pull your own pint and not Pour your own pint?

I heard from a few other people that the music was rubbish, but that can be changed.

• Advertisement

It's Guinness and Carlseberg afair

Advertisement