Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Delaney or Staunton - Who's fault?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

el rabitos wrote:
    if anyone can suggest a credible replacement for him i'd be interested to see it, but international management hasnt got the appeal it once had, and i doubt the irish job is the most highly sought or financially rewarding in europe.

Other canditates for the job don't have to be superstars, we ain't expecting a Mourinho or Rafa, **** we ain't even expecting a Mc Claren!!!

but we should expect someone with some decent managerial experience in the past, who would be interested in the job. As i've said a few times, both Aldridge and Dalglish would spring to my mind. Although out of management a few years, they would both be a massive improvement on Stan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Mick McCarthy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I think maybe a part time appointment might be workable. Somebody like say Quierez in a part time capacity, or Clarke. A top assistant manager who might be allowed take on a country part time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Meh England tried the part-time thing and it fell flat on its face, managers will always leave themselves susceptible to crticisim such as "he's not fully focused on the job"...

Advertisement