Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Girls who use "Time of the Month" to justify behaviour

• 12-09-2007 2:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

This is one of the most ridiculous things that they do.

Girls who, when confronted with something they have done that is silly, irrational or downright offensive, they use the aul 'ah sure you know me at that time of the month' excuse.

WTF?

Is it a universal get out clause, from any behaviour that can be seen as idiotic/rude/offensive?

Have a rant at the boyfriend? That's ok, it's your time of the month.

Need to head early from work? That's ok, it's your time of the month.

Lose the plot at a shop assistant? That's ok, it's your time of the month.

Missing from work for a few days without telling anyone? That's ok, you have 'women's problems'.

Gah.

Yes, it's my time of the month.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

No way I would accept that as an argument, Period ! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Well, some women have successfully used PMT as a 'temporary insanity' defense for murder in the States...

That said, I agree totally, raging hormones are no excuse to lose control of yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

to be fair now fella's, if we had frontal bleeding we'd be just as confused and angry!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

AH in all fairness it happens that often you think they would get used to it!! We get used to listening to them complaining about it like!!

I think I will use that excuse now whenever I'm in a foul mood!!

"Yeah its the womans time of the month" :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

But if you merely suggest that any irrational behaviour is due to it being due to the time of the month, be prepared to have your balls lopped off :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Tis no excuse at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Well in fairness I know a couple of women who do go a bit mental with PMT but it doesn't happen with every woman...hormones can do funny things, ask any teenager! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

I had a friend who, when I moaned about it being "That time of the month" told me "that's not an excuse!"

He meant it as a joke.

He's dead now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

cornbb wrote:
    But if you merely suggest that any irrational behaviour is due to it being due to the time of the month, be prepared to have your balls lopped off :eek:

Dammit, I was meant to add that to my opening rant.

I forgot.

100% True.

Woman : Irrational Rant
    Man : Woah, must be your TOTM
    Woman : WTF DO YOU MEAN MY TOTM HOW EFFIN DARE YOU

half hour later

Woman : That bastard
    Her Female Friend : Yeah, I know
    Woman : It's my TOTM though, you know what I'm like
    HFF : Ah yeah, that's ok then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

bronte wrote:
    I had a friend who, when I moaned about it being "That time of the month" told me "that's not an excuse!"

He meant it as a joke.

He's dead now.

True story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

To quote the great Herbert Garrisson: I'd never trust anything that bleeds for three days every month and doesn't die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Terry wrote:
    To quote the great Herbert Garrisson: I'd never trust anything that bleeds for three days every month and doesn't die.

I think that should be 5 days.... 3 days would be preferable! I don't notice when I have PMT, I don't think I'm in a bad mood and then my bf says ooo, you're in a bad mood. Period due? Then I apologise, because I usually was a bit of a bítch. it's no big deal though and I don't use it as an excuse, it is real. It's just wierd he knows my moods better than I do!

watna wrote:
    you're in a bad mood. Period due?
    My christ, he's a braver man than I.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

Terry wrote:
    five days :D

I was going to quote that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Giving back chat to a hormonal woman... He's a brave man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

herself never uses the excuse. But i use it on her. As a kind of guilt trip, dosen't work at all, and usually backfires :(

When she's up on bricks everything she does if perfect....okay..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I love it when the other half is in the horrors, gives me the excuse to really wobble her tits with "what the fvck is up with you, are you due your period?"...

Nothing cracks them up more :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Terry wrote:

Three days? In my dreams.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i dont think i get irrational, i am sure if i did someone would tell me if i did

mind you now, that i think about it, the auld road rage is a bit worse

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The Bollox wrote:
    five days :D

I was going to quote that

Same as. :(

• Advertisement

Three days? In my dreams.

mine only last 2/3 days :)

I used to go out with a lass and I swear it only seemed to stop for a few days each month, needless to say the relationship didn't last :p

irishbird wrote:
    i dont think i get irrational,
    Of course you do.
    irishbird wrote:
    i am sure if i did someone would tell me if i did
    No, you get so irrational that people have learned that to say anything like 'you are being irrational' to you, would mean you lose the plot totally.

People generally like a quiet life.
    irishbird wrote:
    mind you now, that i think about it, the auld road rage is a bit worse
    See.

Thanks for clearing that up for me Des, i shall call on you future to decide if i am being unreasonable or not :)

her painters are nothing, try get her off the smokes!

shes like a bear with a crown of thorns up her jacksie, lemon juice in her eyes and somebody pee'd on the seat.

irishbird wrote:
    Thanks for clearing that up for me Des,
    Glad to be of service :)
    irishbird wrote:
    i shall call on you future to decide if i am being unreasonable or not :)
    Eh, please don't.

I won't be taking my life in my hands by telling you you are being unreasonable.

DesF wrote:
    I won't be taking my life in my hands by telling you you are being unreasonable.

well, seem to be more aware of moods then i am, so its only right that you should have a say

irishbird wrote:
    well, seem to be more aware of moods then i am, so its only right that you should have a say
    You're just being irrational now.

DesF wrote:
    You're just being irrational now.

am i? and its not even that time of the month, i guess you theory has just gone out the window then :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

DesF wrote:
    My christ, he's a braver man than I.

I'm just a very nice girlfriend! I don't get angry with PMT anyway... I get emotional and cry very easily. Once, when I was about 15 I was making a boiled egg and it cracked and turned in to a hard boiled egg, which I didn't want. I cried for about an hour. You boys will never understand, it's wierd!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

Q. Why does it take five girls with PMS to change a light-bulb?

A. IT JUST DOES, OKAY?!?!?!?

I actually tend to find the whole thing very funny. Which makes them even madder. Which makes me laugh more. So she gets angrier..

...Repeat until she super-novas and I die from being unable to breath from laughing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

watna wrote:
    I'm just a very nice girlfriend! I don't get angry with PMT anyway... I get emotional and cry very easily. Once, when I was about 15 I was making a boiled egg and it cracked and turned in to a hard boiled egg, which I didn't want. I cried for about an hour. You boys will never understand, it's wierd!

That hilarious crying over a cracked egg during your period

And no we wont understand but speaking only for myself here I never want to understand just like I dont need to understand other insane people its better on the outside of the cage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

It IS a completely acceptable excuse. We have raging hormones, feeling ****e and dirty AND pain. I would like ANY man to experience a period just once and see if they complain. Bet the would, the way the complain that they are dying of the flu when they get a slight tickle in their throat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Wacker wrote:
    Q. Why does it take five girls with PMS to change a light-bulb?

A. IT JUST DOES, OKAY?!?!?!?

I actually tend to find the whole thing very funny. Which makes them even madder. Which makes me laugh more. So she gets angrier..

...Repeat until she super-novas and I die from being unable to breath from laughing.

This is a wonderful method I use this anytime I think women are being unreasonable or just being female really
    just laugh at them tell them its super funny when they act all stroppy for no good reason and continue laughing

It does help if you acctually find it funny

We have raging hormones, feeling ****e and dirty AND pain

Do you what, i sick of girls moaning about their periods. it happens deal with it

its not dirty, its a natural body function.

its no shi.tty, it is what makes you a woman

the pain in Minimal - if you have pain, go and do some exercise, stretch your muscles, instead of sitting around whining

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

irishbird wrote:

Do you what, i sick of girls moaning about their periods. it happens deal with it

the pain in Minimal - if you have pain, go and do some exercise, stretch your muscles, instead of sitting around whining
    Hear hear. No wonder all the BGRH people love you. (or is that you? I don't follow these things too closely).

Love2love wrote:
    It IS a completely acceptable excuse. We have raging hormones, feeling ****e and dirty AND pain. I would like ANY man to experience a period just once and see if they complain. Bet the would, the way the complain that they are dying of the flu when they get a slight tickle in their throat!

I was wondering when someone would come up with this bull**** argument ! Next you'll be telling us we will never understand the pain giving birth ! As someone who has had cronins disease since I was 14, spent over a year in hospital and had major surgery, trust me when I tell you I understand pain very well, so why not try an original argument !

Wacker wrote:
    Hear hear. No wonder all the BGRH people love you. (or is that you? I don't follow these things too closely).

LOL thank you, yes, its me

wow i am famous :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

irishbird wrote:
    it is what makes you a woman

i would have thought the whole chromosome thing would have made you a woman, not your ability to have your body......... do things that may make children cry if they read up on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Pat the Baker

irishbird wrote:

You Go girl!

• Advertisement

i would have thought the whole chromosome thing would have made you a woman, not your ability to have your body......... do things that may make children cry if they read up on it.

okay, i take that part back but not the rest of it - OKAY :mad:

irishbird wrote:

*applause*

irishbird wrote:

First of all, I never ever moan about it but the thread is actually about the subject.....
    Secondly, I said I FEEL dirty, meaning I constantly feel the need to shower, not that its dirty in some unnatural way.
    It's not what defines me as a woman..... what about women who have had their wombs removed, do you consider them to be less of a woman??
    And YOUR pain might be minimal, other's certainly aren't. My best friend has been hospitalised because of period pain so don't give me that 'I think like a man bollox' because it doesn't work with me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Love2love wrote:
    LOL, nope luv, we'd just use logic and decide that depo provera was worth the few quid! :P

Love2love wrote:
    First of all, I never ever moan about it but the thread is actually about the subject.....
    Secondly, I said I FEEL dirty, meaning I constantly feel the need to shower, not that its dirty in some unnatural way.
    It's not what defines me as a woman..... what about women who have had their wombs removed, do you consider them to be less of a woman??
    And YOUR pain might be minimal, other's certainly aren't. My best friend has been hospitalised because of period pain so don't give me that 'I think like a man bollox' because it doesn't work with me
    Are you on the rag at the moment?

Sleepy wrote:
    LOL, nope luv, we'd just use logic and decide that depo provera was worth the few quid! :P

exactly, she may get fat and moan, but its better than hospitalization!
    DesF wrote:

FúCKING HELL!! RUN FOR COVER GENTS!!

DesF wrote:

I'd be very careful if I were you, I go the shels matches too.... Might just tell all the girls there what you said and let them deal with you.... :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Villaricos

irishbird wrote:

maybe for you but for me the pain is NOT minimal!! oh sweet jesus is it not!! I take it you've never been lying on your bathroom floor doubled over in pain, unable to move because the pain is so bad. Ive experienced horrible horrible horrible period pain and let me tell you Im barely able to stand let alone even think of exercise.

Ok, rant over, thank you and before anyone asks, nope, not my time of the month :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Irishbird, stop pandering to the men here. Why women fail to support one another in a patriarchal world I can never understand.

You said a moment ago that your period lasts 2/3 days. This is far below the average woman's. It's probably very light too, right?

Mine lasts 7, and the older I've gotten, the worse it has become. I am more emotional and cry at ads for fu(king teabags. The pain in my lower back begins two days before the first bleed, stretching into my thighs. The first day is tolerable. The second, third and fourth days are pretty unpleasant - constant cramping, raised temperature, sleepless nights and my very favourite bit - the diarrhoeia. Days five, six and seven greatly improve although the craving for sugar remains, emotions go back to normal, and I simply wait for the end of the bleed so that I can go swimming again which I normally do several times a week.

I don't moan about it (except maybe at night when the not sleeping makes you feel pretty desperate), I just get on with it. I don't skip work and I take walks on my lunchbreaks to ease the cramps. I take regular paracetamol, Immodium on occasion and use warmth pads on my abdomen.

I don't think having a period is an excuse for being a b|tch, I really don't. Although I am definitely more likely to get into a row at that time with my husband (as I am sure he will testify :) ) once I realise I am being irrational I apologise and cop on at once.

Just because your period is a walk in the park doesn't mean it is for everyone. I dread those days every month.

PS Yes, I'm on the pill. It does nothing.

I don't moan about it

you just did ;)

and pity about you, having boobs has to have one drawback.

• Advertisement
Advertisement