Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ive changed my mind about 3 broadband

Options
  • 12-09-2007 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭

im absolutley delighted with three broadband lately. i know how to set it up properly on my laptop (requires a restart whenever i want to connect but i can get over it) and right now im driving along the tralee-kilarney road... pretty desolite and i just hit 3.584mbps... delighted

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭kyote00

Can you send an email over smtp ? or connect to your office over a vpn

Speed seems to have improved for me also in the last 2 weeks but still no joy on email and vpns....

Whats your upload speed like ?

(took three attempts to post this message :rolleyes: )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

i haven't tried email over smtp coz i have no smtp email but i'll it out sometime... dont really have any use for vpn either....

got an upload of 384kbps this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭kyote00

wow. thats pretty good - considering it costs only 19.99....

Can you run a test on speedtest.net and post the result so we are all taking "apples" and not apples and oranges...

To be honest, I didnt think HSDPA supported that fast an uplink ... as its High Speed Downlink Packet Access...I thought the uplink is maxed at either 128 or 384Kbit/s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭tak

Next time on the Tralee-Killarney road ask someone in the car to do some work on the web using 3's HSDPA . . .
    Better still take the car across the short mountain road from Tralee to Milltown and see how good it is there !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

kyote00 wrote:
    wow. thats pretty good - considering it costs only 19.99....

Can you run a test on speedtest.net and post the result so we are all taking "apples" and not apples and oranges...

To be honest, I didnt think HSDPA supported that fast an uplink ... as its High Speed Downlink Packet Access...I thought the uplink is maxed at either 128 or 384Kbit/s
    cant really do a speedtest to prove it coz it only lasted a second or 2 and cant really see it happening again :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement