Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting subjects rechecked

• 12-09-2007 3:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭

Anyone know the story for getting a subject rechecked? Im not too happy with my Irish (C), felt when i came out of exam I had an A.

Its not possible to view scripts for JC either is it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭jb91

I think there's a fee of about €30 and if you're right you get it back. You probably get a form from your guidance counsellor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

No, you can't view the scripts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

€ per subject for a recheck, you get it back though if you go up a grade. Unforunately you're unable to view the script at JC level.

I rechecked three(it was for my own peace of mind, not any kind of baosting thing) and I'm delighted I did check them out because I was sure that they were higher grades. Unfortunately I didn't get put upgraded in any of the but I'm very glad I did it because I know I would've always been thinking 'could I ahve done better ona recheck'. I only did it for the subjects that I felt I did better in than my grade showed.

I would certainly recommend it anyway, you will ne quick about forgetting the lose of €30 but if you don't go for the recheck you'll never know for sure. It's great for peace of mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Anyone know the story for getting a subject rechecked? Im not too happy with my Irish (C), felt when i came out of exam I had an A.

Its not possible to view scripts for JC either is it?

You should defo get it rechecked sure. I got my Irish upgraded from a B to an A last year and apparently the correcting was a shambles from what my Irish teacher said. Some peoples papers were marked too harshly while others too easily.

The fee last year was 30 euro and what you had to do was to get your mum to write a letter to your principal stating that my son etc. etc. wants to get his Irish Higher level paper rechecked and that I also enclose the 30 euro fee. he should fill out all the administrative work for you if your a good boy!:D

Good luck with it anyway and if you get your upgrade, you get the 30 quid back!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

I was shocked at the C(higher) I got in my geography paper and I got a B in the mocks and i did even more work in the actual exam:( :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

How long does it generally take till you find out if your appeal is successful?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Deadline was 26 September, apparently details regarding if you were succesful in your appeal or not will be posted out early/mid November

Advertisement