Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loosing Hair, Going Bald, This is not a joke Im offering advice

Options
  • 12-09-2007 4:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hello everybody,

I am a 22 year old male and I have set up a Bebo page to support baldness. For those of you who do not know its like myspace. I ahve set it up so younger people like myself who suffer or are interested to know more can have a safe non commercial dependant reference for MPB. Its particularly scarce (info) in Ireland, and I found for the last four years I have had a hard time researching.

I have had one surgery and in the lenght of time i researched surgeons etc I discovered pitfalls, regulatory trobles, even scammers and untrustworthys.

All I am saying is that I suffered emotionally for a long time before my op and would like to offer support to those who are going through it and advice even to overcome it...

I need your help to do so..

http://BaldK.bebo.com

Thank you to everyone who reads this

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

maybe should be moved to fashion or appearance...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

haha he has no friends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

why would they advertise it here:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

:rolleyes: how intelligent emmet, truly amazing stuff that!

Sorry to hear that you suffered about going bald K. It's not something I can understand, but I would imagine it can be worrying at such a young age. Fair play to you for making the effort to help others. Decent guy.

Seen as you are in the body art section you could get a tattoo of ..... hair! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 billybong.....

i dont think baldness is that big of an issue..a lot of my friends around the same age have the same problem they wouldn think twice about it..

its like that add im not going bald im streamlined...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

If I started to go bald I'd just do a Mussolini and shave my head,

I was a skinhead for a while so I'd be cool with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

This guy is totally in the wrong forum... any mods wanna move him?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Quattroste wrote:
    :rolleyes: how intelligent emmet, truly amazing stuff that!

Well it just proves that bald people have no friends

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Well it just proves that bald people have no friends

Yes I do!!

Nah, just people who humour you... ;) lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Why fight the inevitable? Join The Brotherhood and revel in your lack of hirsuteness. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

yeah guys we dont wanna p!ss off the BGRH strike team... theyre quite vicious. be nice to our balding bretheren for they are our saviours, through this our beer gut, amen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭HammerHeadGym

You could tatto a few rabbits on your head. From a distance they will look like hares.

I'm here all week. Try the steak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

Not trying to be smart, but you might invest in a spellchecking software. Should be LOSING HAIR not LOOSING HAIR (unless you are loosening the hair yourself in some way :D ).

There are lots of other spelling mistakes as well on the site. Otherwise good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Can we get this thread moved/deleted since it has nothing whatsoever to do with body modifications as an industry.
    I'd suggest one of the following to move it to "Personal Issues", "Fashion and appearance", "Accessability & Mobility & Disability", "Beer Guts & Receding Hair":p or "After Hours".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 BaldK

"dont think baldness is that big of an issue..a lot of my friends around the same age have the same problem they wouldn think twice about it..

its like that add im not going bald im streamlined..."

Just goes to show how insensetive people can be by reading all the replies posted. As for my spelling mistakes, Im not really to bothered you obviously understood what I was trying to get at.

This post was in body modification section to refer to hair transplant... For those of you who think that Hair loss is not an issue, I would imagine you probably have hair or most of your hair.

To finish that point, Hair Transplant, restoration, regrowth etc is a multi billion dollar industry, hmmmmmmm obviously some people have issues with it so dont be so insensetive, I hope if you (plural) ever experience it you cope well.

Thanks to those who supported my thread also, its a means of support for those who have an issue with self esteem or otherwise, and I appreciate your obvious good will in seeing this.

It would simply have been better suited to another forum on this site is the point people were trying to get across to you.

If you had done any homework on whats on this forum, you would see it's about tattoos and piercings etc...

As was said before, it'd fit here if you're talking about tattooing hair...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

You still posted it in the wrong forum, of course people poke fun! Post it in Fashion/Appearance and you'll find people will be a lot more accomodating.

To contribute, I saw a picture of a guy with a breakfast tattooed on his head (fried eggs, bacon, a fork and everything!) I highly recommend this method as an alternative to hair transplants.

BaldK wrote:
    Just goes to show how insensetive people can be by reading all the replies posted. As for my spelling mistakes, Im not really to bothered you obviously understood what I was trying to get at.

This post was in body modification section to refer to hair transplant... For those of you who think that Hair loss is not an issue, I would imagine you probably have hair or most of your hair.

To finish that point, Hair Transplant, restoration, regrowth etc is a multi billion dollar industry, hmmmmmmm obviously some people have issues with it so dont be so insensetive, I hope if you (plural) ever experience it you cope well.

Thanks to those who supported my thread also, its a means of support for those who have an issue with self esteem or otherwise, and I appreciate your obvious good will in seeing this.
    Yet oddly most posts people put in the wrong forums/subforums both here, on boards.ie, and elsewhere result in people taking the piss, guess we're all insensitive so. Either that or we realise that anyone who doesn't care enough about their post to put it in the right location is probably just posting for the sake of it/attentionwhoring. Hence all the posts also asking for this topic to be moved.
    A brief read of the charter & stickies for this subforum would have told you that corrective surgery (same goes for sexual reassignment) is not what we mean by Body Modification (unless the surgery happens to be correcting a piercing mishap), but at least now you know so you can go off and find the correct forum for the discussion of this topic.

Also is setting up duplicate threads on the same topic in multiple forums not frowned upon here on boards.ie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 BaldK

Thanks for all the feedback everybody, Im glad you can all see the funny side of things. I think I might call Michael O Leary and tell him stop advertising on buses for cheap flights ..... I mean dough, why would people on buses want to read advertising about cheap flights they obviously have no interest in flying.... Advertising comes in many shapes sizes and forms and places to appeal to everybody.

I merely offered advice to people who have an issue and seek help, and DO NOT KNOW where to look for it. Feedback has been positive, and believe it or not there is absolutely no information for young guys or girls on this topic....

To those of you whom actually did respond Im gald that I could help, as for the rest of you, id be more than happy to offer you advice if the same should happen to you

P.S. to the attention whoring comment, were you hoping nobody would read your reply, because by posting a thread or a comment I am "attention whoring" .... then what alternative english would you use to describe what you are doing? Be carefule whatever it is you do say also applies to me, because im a member on the forum too, can do exactly what you can but do not criticise anybody for their opinions......

Peace - by the way why did you read my post if it was so irrelevant and time consuming for you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Jesus, next time just post it in the correct forum and get over it. You made the mistake, not us.

Build a bridge.

BaldK wrote:
    Thanks for all the feedback everybody, Im glad you can all see the funny side of things. I think I might call Michael O Leary and tell him stop advertising on buses for cheap flights ..... I mean dough, why would people on buses want to read advertising about cheap flights they obviously have no interest in flying.... Advertising comes in many shapes sizes and forms and places to appeal to everybody.
    Advertising on Boards.ie should be restricted to the relevant forum, not just tossed out where-ever you feel like it, otherwise all you are doing is spamming.
    BaldK wrote:
    I merely offered advice to people who have an issue and seek help, and DO NOT KNOW where to look for it. Feedback has been positive, and believe it or not there is absolutely no information for young guys or girls on this topic....
    Baldness in men is nothing new, with plenty of men beginning to bald in their 20's and 30's.
    Baldness in women has become well known ever since Gail Porter with the Sunday Times running an article on alopecia in women only last year.
    BaldK wrote:
    P.S. to the attention whoring comment, were you hoping nobody would read your reply, because by posting a thread or a comment I am "attention whoring" .... then what alternative english would you use to describe what you are doing? Be carefule whatever it is you do say also applies to me, because im a member on the forum too, can do exactly what you can but do not criticise anybody for their opinions......
    Well then, perhaps as a member you could take the time to learn the correct place for different topics and save all this hassle. And you clearly need to look up the meaning of attentionwhore as effectively accusing everone who replied to your misplaced threads of such is not a way to get them on your side and just shows you haven't a clue what it means.
    Quite simply, learn forum ettiquette & lingo (and get a thicker skin as the "insensitive" posts were gentle by the standards in quite a few of the forums) or you won't last long on ANY forum. Bad spelling of simple words is another thing people will have a go at you for.

BaldK wrote:
    Peace - by the way why did you read my post if it was so irrelevant and time consuming for you
    Because, as with the others asking for it to be moved, I was wondering when the bit relevant to this forum would pop up, hence why we have different forums for different topics.

Advertisement