Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

WHats The Knock

Options
  • 12-09-2007 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭

Hi

I was having some problems with my 98 primera lately so got a good bit of work done on it lately and its feeling good.
    One of the problems was a knock comming from the front drivers side during braking and heavy accelleration. I put this down to a worn bottom wishbone ball joint as it was visably worn, but this has been replaced as was the upper suspension arm and the shocks and CV joints so im now stumped what else could it be? the anti roll bar was removed and reattached while replacing the lower wishbone and all bushes are looking healthy and are secure.

So Now im thinking its something stupid like a loose piece of plastic under the wheel arch are something like that. but iv taken a look and it all looks secure.
    It sounds like a "thud" or a sharp "dum" while braking it mostly happens just before the car comes to a complete stop.
    Noise is comming from the front drivers side but could be down near the accellerator

SO any ideas what it could be??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,684 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Phone in the door pocket?

(sorry - I'll get me coat)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

R.O.R wrote:
    Phone in the door pocket?

(sorry - I'll get me coat)

K i have THOUGHT of that
    regualrry remove everthing frome the car and problem is still there

But speaking of the door that also make a noise and its somethning that iv heard in other primera's. the door stop bar that stops yer door commin flin out too far gest worn and creaks goin over bumps but no that s not what im haearing either. try again:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Couldn't be the exhaust hittin the bodywork under there somewhere?
    If your engine mounts are tired it's possible I suppose - just guessin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,388 ✭✭✭BrianD3

A worn top mount can produce a springy "dum" noise. Do you feel anything through the steering wheel when you hear the noise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭3ps

I had a primera with noises up front, it's commonly the "top link" Mine was replaced and the noise went.

Nissan only part I'm afraid and is about 200-250 to supply and fit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

thanks for the replies
    Couldn't be the exhaust hittin the bodywork under there somewhere?
    If your engine mounts are tired it's possible I suppose - just guessin

Funny enough thats was my dads first guess but that has also been illimated
    my question i kinda like I-Spy i suppose its anyones guess but keep the suggestions comming :D

I dont feel anything in the steering at all in fact i dont feel the car moove at all when i hear the noise.

3ps - do you mean the top suspension arm???

Advertisement