Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Personal .ie Domain Names

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

It's not seperate - simply make an application under the Class - Natural Person, Category, personal Name, and the application will not be processed until the 31st Oct - giving you plenty of time to send us your entitlement documentation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

It's not seperate - simply make an application under the Class - Natural Person, Category, personal Name, and the application will not be processed until the 31st Oct - giving you plenty of time to send us your entitlement documentation.
    Ah, alright so. I'll get it done. :)

is it true that .ie domains cannot be transferred to another registrar?

You can move your .ie to any other .ie reseller (or indeed to the IEDR) directly at any time you wish.

And is it just me or does domains365.ie and .com lead anyone else to http://www.domain-name-registrar.com/ ?

The .com does, .ie doesnt, our url is www.register365.com / ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭mneylon

We've also implemented a queue - hopefully it will work properly on the day :)

That or we'll all hit the IEDR API system at 0800 and take it down! :)

That or we'll all hit the IEDR API system at 0800 and take it down! :)
    We were talking about that in the office as well :)

I think I'll be adding in a really big disclaimer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 WeeDiddly

Whats to stop me selling NevFarrell.ie to Joseph Bloggs? Will it be illegal, or will I be allowed to do it or what. I just don't understand how they're gonna stop it happening?
    blacknight wrote:
    I think I'll be adding in a really big disclaimer!
    Nice thinking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

what about legally changing your name to bertie ahern etc, and selling it :D

• Advertisement

WeeDiddly wrote:
    Whats to stop me selling NevFarrell.ie to Joseph Bloggs? Will it be illegal, or will I be allowed to do it or what. I just don't understand how they're gonna stop it happening?

At present you cannot offer a .ie domain for sale in public as that would contravene the rules.

If someone wanted to buy a .ie from you they would have to be able to qualify to register it as well ie. if you qualify for joebloggs.ie the only person who could possibly buy that domain from you would also have to qualify for it

Would it be worth the hassle?

blacknight wrote:
    We've also implemented a queue - hopefully it will work properly on the day :)
    I got a reply from your support team yesterday saying you don't?

ciaranfo wrote:
    I got a reply from your support team yesterday saying you don't?

We hadn't when you contacted them :)

Advertisement