Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobo Query

Options
  • 12-09-2007 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭

just wondering, after some issues with vista not liking a new mobo, and then deciding to disregard PCI slots on another mobo, i'm going to do more research (tbh my last mobo was spur-of-the-moment impulse stuff).

simple question, is this a good buy? i want it to run nice with vista (core2duo, hd2900xt, 2GB RAM, Belkin Wireless G card & soundblaster x-fi fatal1ty yokey-magigger)...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,679 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

If you're going Vista, and want compatibility, then you could try http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=335010 (Asus P5K), or the P5K-SE for €5 cheaper.

Running 64bit vista on a P35 board here and have 0 compatilbity problems, running with an 8800GTS and Audigy 2ZS.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

just wondering, after some issues with vista not liking a new mobo

So you already had vista on another mobo? If vista was OEM version then theres your problem.. it would have nothing to do with the motherboard..? or are you asking something totally different?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Another vote for a mobo that uses the P35 chipset here.
    I got one of these a month ago and have had zero problems with it. an absolutely rock-solid board:)
    (running an 8800gts and an old skool Audigy 1 on mine)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Currently using MSI P35 Platinum with Q6600@3Ghz, 2900XT, X-Fi (PCI), SATA controller (PCI-e) and Vista 64-bit and is rock solid.

Advertisement