Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cuff watches

• 12-09-2007 6:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

I've been looking around Dublin for a decent cuff watch with a thick black leather strap. Also an analog watch, if possible. I've looked around quite a few watch and jeweller shops in town and nowhere seems to have them. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong shops.

The problems with the ones that I see is that they're either not black, have designs that are way too fancy or only have part of the strap thick.

I've attached something I like the look of. It's a Kahuna watch. The problem with it is that it's the watch John Cusack wears in 1408, and it seems to have been made purely for the movie. Browsing around online, the only one I've seen for sale on it's own is sold on ebay since July. You can also buy it from a movie prop website, but it only comes as part of John Cusack's full costume for the movie, which costs $1,500.

The Kahuna website has a few similar watches, but only with "cracked black" straps. I also sent them a mail asking about it, but they never replied.

Has anyone seen something remotely like what I'm interested in around Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Great outdoors sell kahuna watches i think.

also check out http://www.stormwatches.com/ they are in dundrum on the second floor, their website is ****e but they have a better range i think in store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

I have one fairly like that one except its brown leather and a digital face, I bought it out foreign though so thats not much good to you.

If its any help its made by Giordano so if they have a website they might have something listed if you want to try buying online.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

nixon have a few like you mention:

http://uk.nixonnow.com/watches/mens/the-scout-leather-A480.html

A480-hero.jpg

you can get them in a few places in Dublin, the watch shop in dundrum for one (which doesn't only stock storm)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 J.Finn

Hm. Seems like they're trickier to come by that I had hoped. I've been in the watch shop in the Ilac Centre. Sounds like Dundrum is the place to go.

Cheers for the replies, though. :p

Advertisement