Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips Plasma

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Get them to show you a standard def feed into it on normal TV viewing, not an animated picture, and also a DVD input, and finally a HD input before buying. You need to be sure that you won't be disappointed when it's all set up in your living room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Have a look at this thread on Philips http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=326808&highlight=phillips
    The Panasonic Hygro bought in the end is far better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 cathalspot

I just bought a Philips 50" plasma 50pfp5322d new. Its not nicked but I did get it at a steel a gand in box with warinty, a grand, dont ask. I had to make a quick decion, but now am a bit concerned as I am on the ps3 a lot a some say that plasma's can suffer from screen burn while playing some games for prolonged periods, does this happen with modern plasmas? Has anybody actually had this problen with a new plasma very little info on this spec on the Internet. I could resell the tv which I get delivered this week, not sure what to do. Thanx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,918 ✭✭✭Soarer

Cathal.
    Most people suggest turning down the brightness of a new plasma for the first 200 hours or so.
    If you do this, you should be able to turn the brightness back up and not worry about screenburn.

Don't take this as gospel though!:rolleyes:

Thanx, yes I have read that, and apparently if you kinda wash the screen every few hours wit a bright channel it keeps the color nodes on their toes so to speak.

• Advertisement

What is the story with Philips flat panel TV's? they have more model numbers than Kate Moss, cant find any info online except in Japanese on my new purchase, last time I looked I not quite up to speed on that one.

Advertisement