Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scream, National Show Centre Swords - JEBUS!! *scared*

• 12-09-2007 8:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭

Soooo I just dropped my little brother and two of his mates out to "Scream" Junior Cert night in the national show center in swords.... and sweet jesus!! Like i'm 20.... and honest to god even i'd be intimidated doing in there tonight.
    I'd say the place will easily hold about 1,500+ teens...... Well I say teens.... but from what i see everyone old enough to walk, right up to lads who looked about 19 were heading in tonight. Most of the blokes looked a doggy as fcuk and i can see fights g'lore for sure!

As the coaches, busses, cars and taxies flooded in unloading hundreds of staggering teens i spotted about 20 garda and a handful of security guards. As i drove past a guard directing traffic she rolled her eyes and smiled, and i just mentioned "Looks like you have a fun night ahead" she replied "Tell me about it, We didnt know it was THIS big" lol :eek:

The oddest thing i seen in my visit tonight was the MASSIVE field outside the venue open to the teens..... and i couldnt help think.... "9 Months from Now" :eek:

Watch the papers tomorrow, I can see it being another 'Gods-Kitchen' kind of report. Anyone else know of any other events like this tonight?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭justindublin

I know but still if this was like an over 18's event there would be 'Think Contraception' branding everywhere lol I think were being a bit ignorant if event organisers were to think underage sex wasnt inevitable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Forgive me, but this is straight from the heart,

SH1THOLE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

They're probably having sex in a McDonalds already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

OMG .. .my lickle darling is there.

Do you think he may have been one of the bad boys you talked about.

I do hope so!!

I always stayed away from these kips. You're gauranteed to come home with a broken nose or a voucher for Mamas and Papas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Cant wait to see the tabloids tomorrow......

"SCENE FROM HELL"
    "14 YEAR OLDS DRINKING VODKA STRAIGHT"
    "WHERE WAS YOUR CHILD LAST NIGHT?"
    "TUT, TUT.."

I didnt go out on my Junior Cert night... I feel like I missed out :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

DaveMcG wrote:
    Cant wait to see the tabloids tomorrow......

"SCENE FROM HELL"
    "14 YEAR OLDS DRINKING VODKA STRAIGHT"
    "WHERE WAS YOUR CHILD LAST NIGHT?"
    "TUT, TUT.."
    "SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!"

Added one there. :)

Pure Sh!thole. I wonder are people being searched on the way in or?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

I was out for my JC, we went to a pub, none of the boys our age were let in. so it was a gaggle of 15/16 year old girls and fellas in their twenties. A lot of carrying on went on in the alley at the back of the pub. no pregnancies though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Spyral

I know but still if this was like an over 18's event there would be 'Think Contraception' branding everywhere lol I think were being a bit ignorant if event organisers were to think underage sex wasnt inevitable.

number 1

Evidence show contraception increases pregnacy as peopel think they are safe

number 2

YORE MA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I was at it last year when it was in the point and its not as bad as everyone makes it out to be!
    i only saw one fight and the only other thing was that there were people having sex up against the walls.
    and no ou dont get searched at all the only check if your like crawling in drunk!

it was a deadly night though...even though a girl did get stabbed!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Lord of the Flies comes to mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Well collected my son and 'da boyz' after it and the general opinion was that it was *sh*t & hardly any buuuuuuuuurds".

Then it was off to a house party, a lecture about not letting me down, ring sometime and be home by 3am..

03:05 he slauntering in sober, I ask "did you not have a gargle, whats the story with chic's etc..."... Thankfully he made it through the whole thing unscathed :D

Oh, all the lads said 'Scream' was sh*t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Spyral wrote:
    number 1

Evidence show contraception increases pregnacy as peopel think they are safe
    Present this evidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Crusaderjim

I believe they were there for drugs, dirty dancing and pounding techno music....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

DaveMcG wrote:

great night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

it was a deadly night though...even though a girl did get stabbed!

Yes, deadly indeed.

I remember for my JC night queuing outside the Harriers in Tullamore for hours and hours, having spent £10 each on a bus over, only for the Guards to show up and close the whole thing down. I was tres disappointed :(

Thinking back, the night was a fair sausage fest. Girls must've been scarce that year, or maybe they just had more sense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭justindublin

So i'm trapped in the coms room now all morning and cant get out for a few hours...

Anything in the papers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

There must have been some goings on?

The Sunday World will have a big 128 page spread on JC night this weekend i'm sure :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Well, my little sister went to scream last time it was in the point.

Im sure she got up to her fair share of debauchery, but wasn't dangerously drunk when she got home, and all her male friends kept an eye on the burds in the group.

So yeah, you can go nuts and have a good time, but kids these days generally dont seem to have any sort of cop on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

jobonar wrote:
    There must have been some goings on?

The Sunday World will have a big 128 page spread on JC night this weekend i'm sure :rolleyes:

That'll be interesting all right. Very little text, "disgracefull this, promiscuous that" but loads of pictures!! Heres 10 pictures of attractive 15yo girls in micro-mini skirts, heres 15 pictures of 15 yo boys with their hands down the front of 15yo girls micro mini skirts, Heres some pictures of a load of 15yo girls in crop tops with their nipples.......Disgracefull shocking.....heres some more titillating pictures of 15 yo girls etc etc.

The Sunday Worlds motives for the inevitable huge JC spread is so transparent its not funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

Calibos wrote:
    That'll be interesting all right. Very little text, "disgracefull this, promiscuous that" but loads of pictures!! Heres 10 pictures of attractive 15yo girls in micro-mini skirts, heres 15 pictures of 15 yo boys with their hands down the front of 15yo girls micro mini skirts, Heres some pictures of a load of 15yo girls in crop tops with their nipples.......Disgracefull shocking.....heres some more titillating pictures of 15 yo girls etc etc.

The Sunday Worlds motives for the inevitable huge JC spread is so transparent its not funny.
    always good for a laugh tho! Such a big deal is made out of it and then forgotten about come monday let alone the next year when its all done all over again :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

ahhh, cant beat the tabloid shocker!!!!!! :eek:

Advertisement