Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steve Staunton - please step down

• 12-09-2007 8:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭

34 minutes gone and I've seen enough. This is the worst Irish display I have seen in many a long year. Understanding the bad display against Slovakia last Saturday, and the promises that we would see a better, passing display from Ireland, this is truly shocking. The skill levels on display from the Irish are very poor, we just don't look like we want the ball. There are good players out there, but Staunton's negativity, lack of tactical nous, and general bad management have conspired to cheat some decent, hardworking Irish players out of a potential European spot.

I feel sorry for players like Shay Given, Richard Dunne, Stephen Hunt, and Kevin Doyle. I feel sorry for the loyal fans who consistently travel to far-flung destinations in order to support their country, their team. I feel sorry for the fans who are too young to remember the pride Irish soccer felt when we qualified for Euro '88, Italia '90, and USA '94, when the Irish soccer team were treated with respect and feared worldwide (albeit not the prettiest side to watch).

Sine I've started typing this Lady Luck has shone on Stan and O'Shea has had to come off injured, and has been replaced by Hunt. It's all Ireland now and we have created a couple of half-chances, but my opinion remains unchanged.

This charade has gone on long enough. We deserve a lot better, we should demand a lot better.

Mr Staunton, do the honourable this and please resign. All those in favour sign below.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Why resign? If he waits to be fired then he gets a mega compensation package.
    So there is no way he'll resign

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

yes resign at half time.

cracking idea.

kdjac

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement