Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any way of learning to write faster?

Options
  • 12-09-2007 8:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭

I write very slowly :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭geminilady

Practice! Time yourself with your english essays for example

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Yes, practice. I did it in school, writing out essays I had to reproduce & timing myself. Worked a treat!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Practice, practice, practice. It does make perfect, after all.

That and stop caring about neatness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

yeah i sacrificed neatness for speed!!!

now when i write people ask me if id like a crayon :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 ryanj

write shorter sentences?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭BULLER

ryanj wrote:
    write shorter sentences?
    Yes, that will increase you're writing speed.... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 whateva eva eva

We could all write alot faster if we simply just did'nt care about neatness. But all your doing is giving the two fingers to the person reading your script. Just practice and if it's still a big problem you can apply for extra time in your exams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 anything goes

Do you write in bock letters or joint? I write in block and I know my friends who write in joint are much quicker than me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Fuascailt

You're not doing history by any chance? Its the ultimate speed writing subject- you've got 6 minutes per A4 page.

Be concise, cut out any waffle cos that won't gain you any marks anyway. Quality is preferable to quantity but most of all practise. Then you'll develope extremely large hand muscles. Wouldn't it be great to be ambidextrous?:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 $mayor

its all about quality rather than quantity, i really saw the truth in that when i viewed my scripts. I could never write lotsa stuff quick, but in english paper 1's essay i wrote 2 A4 pages of the recommended 4-5 and I got 72/100 marks for it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

yea i am pretty slow too...well i can be fast but my writing be really bad if i write fast ><

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭nedward

Grip the pen hard, and maybe an inch/inch and a half from the nib. Get a good biro: like a Bic that doesn't leak or make blots, and writes freely. Apparently the grip thingys are good as well, I never used them myself. I used these in the last few minutes of exams; my neatness went out the window, but at least my writing was legible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Make sure that if your writing very fast that you have spaces between your words. Some people dont and it looks likes as though you are reading chinese or arabic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Yes- bic or stadtler ones for speed. Gel pens and the like, in my experience slow down writing.

Advertisement