Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aditional credit card - can it be me?

Options
  • 12-09-2007 8:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

You can add an addtional card holder to your credit card account. Can I add myself so that I have a spare card?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I have a funny feeling that it would cost less than €40 to get a replacement card in the event that you should happen to lose your own one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Yah.. it's free to get a replacement but it's handy to have a backup one. Say I'm off on hols on Sunday and I lose my card on Friday or something ...

Anyways, tis not the logic of doing it that we're here to debate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

I seriously doubt it, but you can always try!

One thing though. If you do lose the first one, you will need to cancel it, thus possibly cancelling the second one?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

dotsman raises a valid point - both cards will have the same number, and if one is cancelled, the other would not be active either.

Oh? I didn't think this was the case. I thought it was like having 2 ATM cards .. both feeding off the same account but treated as 2 separate cards.

Are both cards definitly cancelled if one is lost? This seems like a bit of a waste in this digital day and age?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Yes....the details are identical so cancelling one automatically cancels the other.

ellscurr wrote:
    Yes....the details are identical so cancelling one automatically cancels the other.
    I did not realise this. Thanks :)

Advertisement