Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fairyhouse Market

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Randi

anyone know, is it on tomorrow? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 finlgas 11

great place at times but watch out for forieners trying to get into your pockets,, they will also ask you to change 10,20,50euro but they will be contierfiet , also the mac 3 blades ,,if the part holding the blade is grey in colour instead of black dont but them as they will not cut butter :eek::eek::eek::eek::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

Is the market on all day Sundays?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bricof

Is there a charge for driving in to the market, someone said in a previous post that you get a sticker?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭blueovalmk2

bricof wrote: »
    Is there a charge for driving in to the market, someone said in a previous post that you get a sticker?

yeah 2euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CUCINA

My wife and I go there from time to time. She does a lot of sewing (alterations etc) and buys her thread, zips etc from one particular guy there. It's quite handy because there are very few ordinary shops in town that do that kind of stuff ("in town" meaning Dublin city centre!).
    I usually make a point of going to one of the in-door stalls where another chap has a huge range of historical photos of various towns and villages around Ireland.
    As mentioned by a previous poster, I am always wary of pick-pockets...Fairyhouse is a pick-pocketer's paradise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭collegemum

I love fairyhouse...haven't been in years tho. Is it on tomorrow??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Does anybody know how much it is to get a stall at the fairyhouse market. Thinking of selling some arts & crafts. Any information would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

Slunk wrote: »
    Does anybody know how much it is to get a stall at the fairyhouse market. Thinking of selling some arts & crafts. Any information would be appreciated.

Fairyhouse market is application based so your chances of getting in depend on what you are selling. To be honest every second person applying is selling arts and crafts so I reckon your chances are quite slim. If you want I can pm you the details of the person who looks after applications and you can have a word with them properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 vanillacoke

do they sell adult bmx bikes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 thomaslm2

do they sell adult bmx bikes?
    Don't think so but Brady's which is beside it are sellign them. ANyone know if they are still selling cheap smokes? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭Archeron

thomaslm2 wrote: »
    Don't think so but Brady's which is beside it are sellign them. ANyone know if they are still selling cheap smokes? :confused:

No, they clamp down hard on all the illegal stuff in Fairyhouse. You can get the fake DVD's bizarrely, but I've never seen cheap smokes or cheap drink.

+ 1 on the mach 3 blades, I foolishly bought a pack a few weeks ago thinking they were real and the fecking things rip the hair out of your face instead of cutting it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4 thomaslm2

Archeron wrote: »
    No, they clamp down hard on all the illegal stuff in Fairyhouse. You can get the fake DVD's bizarrely, but I've never seen cheap smokes or cheap drink.

+ 1 on the mach 3 blades, I foolishly bought a pack a few weeks ago thinking they were real and the fecking things rip the hair out of your face instead of cutting it :mad:

Alot of the stuff there is either fakes.....or stolen. Some of the tools are genuine and decent though and you cant beat the crepes :) Shame about the smokes though :L :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mickptre

Alot of the stuff there is either fakes.....or stolen. Some of the tools are genuine and decent though and you cant beat the crepes :) Shame about the smokes though :L :pac:

I am a market trader at Fairyhouse and I carry with me all receipts from Wholesalers that I trade with as evidence of purchase. Please don't tar all traders with your Fake & Stolen brush. You don't need a shop-front to be a genuine hard working trader.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mickptre

Slunk wrote: »

A stall is €50.00 per day and a car-boot fee is €25. If you are interested there is a Market Office on the left inside the front gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

That's a real "I herd it of a lad in the pub" comment.
    Fair enough there is alot of fake CD's DVD's and clothes but stolen goods are very rare.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

mickptre wrote: »
    A stall is €50.00 per day and a car-boot fee is €25. If you are interested there is a Market Office on the left inside the front gate.

Can you just go down on the day and get a stall or do you have it arranged before hand??

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

wingnut32 wrote: »
    mickptre wrote: »

Can you just go down on the day and get a stall or do you have it arranged before hand??

You have to apply for a pitch in advance and depending on what you sell there can be quite a substantial waiting list. You can book a car boot space the Thursday before you want to sell by phoning 01 8303808 but it's only for genuine car boot material, ie 2nd hand goods/ house clearance etc

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭blackbird 49

Sorry I know this is an old thread, but just posting about the car boot sales at the market, I'm hoping to go on Sunday with some items to sell, I was just looking for some feed back from people who have done car boot sales here. ThanksH

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Sorry I know this is an old thread, but just posting about the car boot sales at the market, I'm hoping to go on Sunday with some items to sell, I was just looking for some feed back from people who have done car boot sales here. ThanksH

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057440936

• Advertisement
Advertisement