Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaelscoil

Options
  • 12-09-2007 9:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Just back from Tesco where I saw a notice saying about a meeting for a gaelscoil in Greystones. Next Monday evening at 8 o clock in the eire og gaa place. This is good news for all those people who would like a choice of schools in Greystones. I just wish it was here when I sent my children to school. Great for future parents of primary school children to have a choice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 scivvy

Does anyone know where they are planning on putting this school?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 cheers

Have been told this is a start up meeting to see what the interest is like and if there is a lot of interest then their next step would be to find an appropiate site or building .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 cheers

Enrolment night for the Gaelscoil will take place on Tuesday night the 6th of Nov from 7.30 to 9pm in the GAA hall. Enrolment forms are also available from Greystones Library for all those interested in educating their children through Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

is there any danger that having a Gaelscoil and an Educate Together both trying to start up at the same time will result in neither of them getting the required numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sparks115

loyatemu wrote: »
    is there any danger that having a Gaelscoil and an Educate Together both trying to start up at the same time will result in neither of them getting the required numbers?

I was thinking the same myself. Numbers will be a big issue and if they are competing with each other for places what will happen then?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 CiaraW

Hi there,

I don't think there is any chance of there being lack of interest in the educate together and gaelscoil options. There's a huge lack of availability in Greystones and already both schools have had loads of interest. I think there is plenty of space for both schools to set up and have plenty of children to fill the places without impacting on the current schools in Greystones, which are very oversubscribed.

There's an enrolment night for the Gaelscoil on Tuesday 6th November at 7.30 in the GAA hall. Everyone is welcome and all these issues will be discussed so it might help fill in any questions you might have. There will be tea and coffee etc. and it's a great opportunity to get an understanding of what the gaelscoil will be about.

Hope this helps

Ciara:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 scivvy

Any news on the Gaelscoil? When will we know if it gets the go ahead and any idea where it will be??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 teasup

scivvy wrote: »
    Any news on the Gaelscoil? When will we know if it gets the go ahead and any idea where it will be??

Scivvy,

From what I hear it is definitely going ahead. I dont know about the location.
    I think poeple should support this school and its a fantastic idea. Even if my children dont go and I hope they do I will buy tickets etc.

I got this email today.

Dia daoibh

A lot of people really want this Gaelscoil to happen and are probably aware that there are costs involved in setting it up e.g architects fees, surveyors, rent of any building or site, phones postage,advertising etc. We need to fundraise in order to cover these costs.

Maybe you could help out in one of the following ways.

1)We have Irish Christmas cards to sell, maybe you'd like to order some and or take some and sell them.They are
    A5 size and cost 5 euro for 7.cards. If you'd like to place an order please email me.

2)We're having a raffle, tickets cost 2 euro each or a book of 6 for 10 euro..Again maybe you'd like to sell or buy some.
    Some of the prizes are E250 voucher for strawbridges in Ashford E250 voucher for Landscaping, a Philips DVD player, A beauty Voucher and more.

3)We're taking part in the St. Davids Christmas fair on Saturday the 1st of December. If anyone would like to bake anything for the
    fair we would be delighted. If you are crafty and would like to donate any of your wares to us that would be great. We are also looking for a couple of Volunteers to help out on the day for a couple of hours.

I will be in Greystones Library (childrens section) this Sat morning from 10.30 to 11.30am if anyone is interested in collecting cards or tickets from me.

100% of the proceeds raised will go towards the Gaelscoil..

If you can help out in any of the above ways and or if you'd like to get involved with the fundraising committee please do not hesitate
    to email or call me on 2017934,/ 086 300 68 49

Kind Regards

Valerie Crowley and Sinead Plunkett ( fundraising committee)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

I'd love an Educate Together Gaelscoil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 G.Scoil

Our web site is now up and running. Visit us at www.gaelscoilnaclochaliatha.com

You can also contact us at greystonesgaelscoil@gmail.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement