Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liteon DVD Recorder Service

• 12-09-2007 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I have a Lite on 5005a dvd recorder. This was bought in the US. It is now acting up and I ned dto get it fixed. Anyone knoww a service agent for this dvd. I wrote to liteon about a week ago asking the same question and am still waiting for the reply.

I was thinking about just replacing the dvd myself. Any help on this would be grateful.

Thanks
    Oldman67:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

Currys used to sell a version of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

The Lite-On 5005 is a pretty old model they tended to give up the ghost after a while so I'm not surprised it's no longer working.

If I were you it's not worth repairing but if you wanted to try something the firmware updates on Lite-On's site might jar it back into life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭esquier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 Brian68GT

Anyone who would repair this will ask for a basic fee of 150 euros. Considering you can buy one for less, its not worth fixing.

I'd try the firmware update, if that doesnt work, bin it.

Advertisement