Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to DIT

Options
  • 12-09-2007 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

So, I'm new, blah blah, and all that... You've heard it all before.

Just wondering, whats the story with the labs? When do they start? I presume most labs or tutorials dont start the very first week?? Oh and how many labs can u miss before u automatically fail?? It is 80% attendance?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

B2k wrote:
    So, I'm new, blah blah, and all that... You've heard it all before.

Just wondering, whats the story with the labs? When do they start? I presume most labs or tutorials dont start the very first week?? Oh and how many labs can u miss before u automatically fail?? It is 80% attendance?

What course?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I did 228/1 last yr and iirc labs started 2 weeks later, i think there were some network isiues last year although lol it wouldnt be suprising if more this year ;)

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭B2k

orla wrote:
    What course?

EH. On Brugha St.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Why are you planning on missing any labs/classes?

Unless your trying to juggle work or medical issues you should try attend 100% of classes, you'll get the most from any course if you attend as much as you possibly can... even if you feel you already know something, it might give you a deeper understanding to be exposed to it more...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

B2k wrote:
    EH. On Brugha St.

What are you going to be studying?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭B2k

Why are you planning on missing any labs/classes?

Unless your trying to juggle work or medical issues you should try attend 100% of classes, you'll get the most from any course if you attend as much as you possibly can... even if you feel you already know something, it might give you a deeper understanding to be exposed to it more...

I'm not planning on missing classes, I'm just asking a simple question about labs! Labs are not up on the timetables yet AFAIK so...

Orla, Environmental Health is what I'm starting.

Advertisement