Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Originally posted by"!

Options
  • 13-09-2007 1:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭

Newbie question...please forgive!

How do you post and include a quote from another poster?

So far I've managed to include what they wrote..but not the " originally posted by......." bit.

Any advice??

And again sorry for the dumbness of this request!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

bronte wrote:
    Newbie question...please forgive!

How do you post and include a quote from another poster?

So far I've managed to include what they wrote..but not the " originally posted by......." bit.

Any advice??

And again sorry for the dumbness of this request!

or else

Click on the quote button on their post.
    >

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

[noparse]
    bronte wrote:
    enter text here
    [/noparse]

becomes:

bronte wrote:
    enter text here

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

thrill wrote:

or else

Click on the quote button on their post.
    >

Hope this works

Arrgh! what did I do there!?!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

bronte wrote:
    Arrgh! what did I do there!?!
    It did work but thrill didn't put a closing 'quote' tag in his post and that screwed yours up when you quoted it. Try quoting this or one of your own and it will work.

• Advertisement

It did work but thrill didn't put a closing 'quote' tag in his post and that screwed yours up when you quoted it. Try quoting this or one of your own and it will work.

cheers...will try this one! :o

It worked! brill..Thanks Almighty, that's been bugging me for ages and i was too shy to ask! :D

Advertisement