Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

50% back in points on Xbox360s & Wiis in Tescos

• 13-09-2007 9:20am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭

Just saw this in todays Metro or Herald AM.

Buy a console in Tescos in the next couple of days and they'll refund 50% of the cost of the package back to you in Tesco points.

The 360 is €449 for the Gears Of War pack which isn't a great price but not bad once you get €224 back in points.

I can't remember what price the Wii was.

There was no mention of the PS3.

They also have their Deals option where you can change clubcard points for vouchers for different restaurants and offers. For example €2.5 in clubcard points gives you €10 of Apache visa vouchers.

http://www.tesco.ie/clubcarddeals/

Edit: By the way, which Tescos in the city sell consoles. I normally use Clarehall but they never have any consoles.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Good deal especially when you can get 4 times the value of the points in their speciall offer booklet.
    Most of the bigger Tesco's would do them like Dundrum etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Anyone know if Tesco Jervis Street are doing this deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭NANOJO

hi just to let you know i picked up a ps3 for 315 euros in tesco clarehall no games included in the deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Brilliant investment now for Xmas present and Xmas booze. Must let my sister know about the Wii as my niece wants one from Santa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Grawns wrote:
    Brilliant investment now for Xmas present and Xmas booze. Must let my sister know about the Wii as my niece wants one from Santa.

Whats the got to do with Santa? :confused: surely there isnt a tesco's in the north pole...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

NANOJO wrote:
    hi just to let you know i picked up a ps3 for 315 euros in tesco clarehall no games included in the deal

Thanks OP, on the look out for a wii, missed the ad (it's in the Metro).

It does also say 50% back on all computer games, so even if they're not in a bundle you should be able to get points back on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

NANOJO wrote:
    I take it this was 630-315 in points.

BTW, I've never had a loyalty card, for any shop. How does it work? How do you get your money back. Vouchers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

mise wrote:
    Anyone know if Tesco Jervis Street are doing this deal?

just the xbox, no wiis or ps3s, they told me on the phone. Clare hall, clearwater, dundrum would have those. gonna get the missus to check arklow out shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭NANOJO

hi shayser yes it was 630-315 points as regards the loyalty card they are available in tesco fill in your name and address and they give you the card vouchers are sent to your home address at the end of each month

NANOJO wrote:
    hi shayser yes it was 630-315 points as regards the loyalty card they are available in tesco fill in your name and address and they give you the card vouchers are sent to your home address at the end of each month
    Thanks. I'll go in and check it out but don't like the sound of the vouchers. I buy a PS3 and get a voucher for €2 off pampers! :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

shayser wrote:
    Thanks. I'll go in and check it out but don't like the sound of the vouchers. I buy a PS3 and get a voucher for €2 off pampers! :)

Not those kind of vouchers :)

Vouchers for money. Has to be used in Tescos but you can use them on your normal shopping.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I used to work there. 10% discount on top of 50% off would have been sweet.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

great deal, Wii Sports and Play game(inc. extra wiimote) for €325, €162.50 net after vouchers, sweet

Not those kind of vouchers :)

Vouchers for money. Has to be used in Tescos but you can use them on your normal shopping.
    Oh! thanks. That sounds a lot better.

How would the PS3 deal compare to the HMV bundle offer? Console + 2 games + 2 Blu-Ray + Sixaxis = €620.

Tesco jervis had nothing except original xboxes. No decent 360 or ps2 games there either. The missus just went into Tesco Arklow and met one woman with two wiis in her trolley (i hope she drops them later) and none on the shelves. They will try and get some more tomorrow apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭floydmoon1

Is it worth getting psp value pack for approx 250 in tesco so I woud really be paying 125.Heard there is a new psp just out.Also was thinking bout ds lite for 150 which would mean paying 75.Any recommendations.Also is it easy to hack psp.Just a yes or no dont want to be banned for talking bout this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

sweetie wrote:
    Tesco jervis had nothing except original xboxes.

What price were they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

floyd i have had both and gave the ds away, but i watched a lot of films on the psp so that got a lot of use. Dont use it nearly as much now

and yes

Thats great thanks for the help.Do you of good games to pick up for it.

What price were they?

199 :eek: I think. Rang Clearwater at lunch and they said they just got the wiis in so I drove up and there was 6 left. Got the wii sports pack. They didn't have any other games or accesories yet. The xbox360 game selction was crap enough. The only recent game I saw was dirt and tiger 08.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Do you just get straight money off vouchers? Just because I know sometimes I get money off vouchers for specific items or extra points on specific items.

Also if anyone has any update of stock level in Merrion or Stillorgan that would be cool.

edit: having called these 2 branches, neither seem to stock it. I know I can just ring each store, but to save me the trouble and phone bill, can I ask which stores in the south side are actually big enough to do electronics?

abelard wrote:
    Do you just get straight money off vouchers? Just because I know sometimes I get money off vouchers for specific items or extra points on specific items.

Also if anyone has any update of stock level in Merrion or Stillorgan that would be cool.

a. yes, but not till next statement in november I think.

b. ring them, tesco.ie has a store locator with phone numbers

Just picked up psp giga pack for 209.99.Its funny cause they are selling value pack for 259 which doesnt have the extras giga has.also picked up gta for 25.So it will work out bout 117.50 for psp giga and gta which is good.Only problem the memory card is missing so must bring it back to tesco now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

So are Nintendo DS Lite`s included in this offer?

afaik the guy in clearwater mentioned DS.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭fmul9798

According to the guy in the store, yes, all games consoles are included. Needless to say I stocked up on crimbo DS lites....
    dont forget to get your temp. clubcard if you dont already have one, so that you get the vouchers.

Thanks to OP - you saved me a serious amount of money. Now if only I hadnt bought that Wii a few weeks back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

Dooradoyle, Limerick has Xbox360 Gears of War pack for ~€450 (So €225 in vouchers). Had a few DS's and PSPs too. Happy days. :)

Vouchers posted out in November - in time for xmas shopping! :eek:

13-09-07_1445.jpg

Nutgrove got a delivery at 11am, SOLD OUT by 12pm
    Stillorgan SOLD OUT
    Dundrum SOLD OUT

Anybody know of a store Dublin that has a Wii in stock?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Just got the last DS in Tesco Dundrum so happy days for me! They are also out of stock of the DS in Stillorgan and Dun Laoghaire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Doodah7

woooo232 wrote:
    Just got the last DS in Tesco Dundrum so happy days for me! They are also out of stock of the DS in Stillorgan and Dun Laoghaire.

Wow... picked up one in there at 6pm and the lady said that they had nine left at that stage!!! Must be flying off the shelves. Unless they get more stock in, the offer will only be good for games over the weekend...

Picked up a PS3. Thanks goes to mickoneill!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

Doodlebug wrote:
    Dooradoyle, Limerick has Xbox360 Gears of War pack for ~€450 (So €225 in vouchers). Had a few DS's and PSPs too. Happy days. :)

Vouchers posted out in November - in time for xmas shopping! :eek:

Doodlebug, any Wii's on sale in Dooradoyle ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Actually what's the story with restocking? Do they do it every night, or at all? If so, does anyone have any idea what time they do it in the 24hr shops?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

Doodlebug, any Wii's on sale in Dooradoyle ?

I'm not sure what stock they actually had, but there were 2 Wii display boxes on the shelves this afternoon, plus 2 DS's and 1 PSP. But these boxes (as in the picture above) look like they were there for a long time. e.g. I took the plain "Xbox360" box to the till, but the price sticker on the shelf indicated the Gears of War pack - which I got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Xbox360 isnt much of a deal though its €349 in smyths for the Gears Of War pack....

Or am i not getting it?

€449 for the xbox360 pack and clubcard holders get 50% back in money vouchers in November,so you get the xbox360 for €225 and have a €225 voucher to spend on any food/gift items you want..And all you need is a tesco club card is that correct?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

You pay the Xbox360 for €449,then you will receive €225 Tesco voucher in November. You can use voucher against anything in store but you need to spend it within a time frame.

Please correct me.

Yes all correct.
    The vouchers are sent out in your statement for November, just in time for Christmas.
    The vouchers expiry date is 2 years from issue.
    You can also get 4 times the value in Clubcard deals
    (further details on tesco.ie).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭antomack

Do the extra points show on your receipt or do they just appear on the statement? Bought the Wii last night but only shows 269 points on the receipt, is this right?

Was 1 Wii and 3 XBox360 GoW packs in Tesco Roscommon last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭grahamo

Is this clubcard offer just on games or on all electrical/electronic goods? Looking to buy a new phone!!!

Will only show a nominal amount on your till receipt.
    The 50% rebate is seperate and will be posted out to you in November.

Only Consoles and games, no phones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭r0chf0rt

Does anyone know of any tesco stores that have a decent selection of ps3 games?

Just in case anybody's looking for a Wii.

Dundrum SOLD OUT
    Stillorgan SOLD OUT
    Ballybrack SOLD OUT
    Jervis SOLD OUT
    Nutgrove SOLD OUT
    Lucan SOLD OUT
    Clarehall SOLD OUT

as at 10am today :(

PS3 games
    I'd have a look in any of the above larger stores in Dublin
    also Finglas.

r0chf0rt wrote:
    Does anyone know of any tesco stores that have a decent selection of ps3 games?

don't think they do ps3 or wii games yet. They don't in clearwater, just ps2 and 360 and not a great selection either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

No Wii's in Dooradoyle either. By the tone of the person's voice when I called I got the feeling that she has been answering the same question all day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

Tesco branches are expecting a delivery of consoles as I type.....apparently.

Already a queue of people in Clearwater.

Very limited stocks arriving. Nothing like the quantities needed to meet demand.

According to guy in Clearwater, no more PSPs or NDSs will be delivered.....and his words, not mine...."the whole thing is a shambles"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

Thanks for the heads up on this. Picked up the last Wii in Arthurs Quay last night; one DS left at that stage along with GOW 360 packs, a couple of PS2s, and one PS3.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Gah!!!

Really trying to run-down a PS3 somewhere- anywhere.....
    Tesco Lucan told me they only got 4 in total yesterday and there has been war ever since. Maynooth has nothing left. Merrion only sells games- and only PS2 games at that (nothing worth buying).

Seems like this offer is utter and total shambles.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭magicEye

I wonder if the offer is valid for online shopping too?
    You can buy NintendoDS online at tesco.ie for 149.99, not sure if the 50% applies though....

Anyone any ideas???

Cheers,
    Magic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Why is it a shambles ? Tesco aren't obliged to keep items in stock to meet the high demand for these items, with getting 50% back in vouchers you can hardly blame people rushing in to avail of it which then has the effect of things being hard to get.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Jip wrote:
    Why is it a shambles ? Tesco aren't obliged to keep items in stock to meet the high demand for these items, with getting 50% back in vouchers you can hardly blame people rushing in to avail of it which then has the effect of things being hard to get.

That may be the case- but allocating between 4 and 7 units per branch when running a promotion of this nature does not give a customer a fair or reasonable chance of availing of the offer- which makes it defacto false advertising, as they are advertising something which is simply unavailable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement