Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

50% back in points on Xbox360s & Wiis in Tescos

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Does anyone know any Tescos in the Cork area that sell consoles? Tried Wilton and Mahon this morning, but to no avail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

smccarrick wrote:
    which makes it defacto false advertising, as they are
    advertising something which is simply unavailable.

No it's not, items were available, albeit a small number, therefore there's no false advertising, there's no legal requirement that requires a minimum number of a certain product to be available.
    Supermarkets and shops are in the business to make money, and offers such as this entice people into their store in the hope that they'd also buy something else when they're in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Tesco jervis had nothing except original xboxes. No decent 360 or ps2 games there either. The missus just went into Tesco Arklow and met one woman with two wiis in her trolley (i hope she drops them later) and none on the shelves. They will try and get some more tomorrow apparently.

In fairness it is a bit of a shambles if things like this are going on.
    Should have been a limit of one per clubcard customer.

Sure I could go in and buy 4 for 1080, get 540 back in shopping vouchers, sell 3 for 200 quid each, and have a free wii and be 60 quid up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭donegal11

okidoki987 wrote:
    Will only show a nominal amount on your till receipt.
    The 50% rebate is seperate and will be posted out to you in November.
    do they not show the extra points(the 50%) you recieve on the receipt???

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

donegal11 wrote:
    do they not show the extra points(the 50%) you recieve on the receipt???

They don't show up on the receipt but you will definitely get them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭donegal11

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭dunser

just have checked out Bray , greystones, Wicklow. Arklow, & Gorey nothing left anywhere

Does anyone see any DS anywhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

what use are the points? if i get an XBOX for 400
    do i get around 200 euro WORTH of points?

does this mean i can get 200 euro worth of groceries for free?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Placebo wrote:
    what use are the points? if i get an XBOX for 400
    do i get around 200 euro WORTH of points?

does this mean i can get 200 euro worth of groceries for free?

Yes. This money can be spent on anything (except lotto tickets, cigarettes and some other things). Wait until new years when they do a drinks promotion and stock up on free booze.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

dunser wrote:
    just have checked out Bray , greystones, Wicklow. Arklow, & Gorey nothing left anywhere

Does anyone see any DS anywhere

got a nintendo DS lite in Nutgrove at 1 o'clock today - they are not on the shelves, they have / had a limited number of them which they had not put out but were handing out to customers who asked...... the person I asked was a manager, the person on the till then turned around & asked me where I got it as she thought they'd none - even got to pick the colour ;)

manager said they got them in late yesterday, and had no idea if / when any further deliveries were coming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

MOH wrote:
    In fairness it is a bit of a shambles if things like this are going on.
    Should have been a limit of one per clubcard customer.

Sure I could go in and buy 4 for 1080, get 540 back in shopping vouchers, sell 3 for 200 quid each, and have a free wii and be 60 quid up.

True but maybe they refused her. I asked for two yesterday (as a test) when buying my Wii in Clearwater and he said no.

To the other poster above; yes, you get 200 or whatever to spend in one go on beer, nappies or condowm! :D

sweetie wrote:
    True but maybe they refused her. I asked for two yesterday (as a test) when buying my Wii in Clearwater and he said no.

To the other poster above; yes, you get 200 or whatever to spend in one go on beer, nappies or condowm! :D

I don't think it has to be in one go. They usually give them out to a max of €25 or something. So you'll get 8 x €25 vouchers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

so if i spend 20-25 a week on groceries i can get 8 weeks of groceries FOR FREE?

is there no catch as in spend 50 then take advantage of the 25 euro voucher?

just dont see what good this deal is to them.
    might have a go at the xbox !

Placebo wrote:
    so if i spend 20-25 a week on groceries i can get 8 weeks of groceries FOR FREE?

is there no catch as in spend 50 then take advantage of the 25 euro voucher?

just dont see what good this deal is to them.
    might have a go at the xbox !

Actually now that I think of it, the total money you are owed is split into three vouchers. But you can use one or all at once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

sweetie wrote:

Ah that's fair enough then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭dunser

any know where i can get DS please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

ring them..... www.tesco.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Head Office won't tell you.
    They will only tell you which shops took deliveries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭embraer170

Just was in Tesco Tralee and a staff member (just pointing it out, not commenting) had the last Wii. Claimed she got it from another store?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

was in coolock/beaumont one. no consoles at all. any in dundrum?which one closest to city centre would have the wii?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭EyesOnly

as 1 Wii and 3 XBox360 GoW packs in Tesco Roscommon last night.
    was in their like 20mins ago and all but 1 wii was left and i think that was sold because as i was getting in the car, a kid with a smile from ear to ear had 1 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Was in the Sligo store.. got an XBOX 360 GoW pack.. huzzah!

There were 4 - 5 other GoW's packs and 6 - 7 CoD packs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

is this deal available on ps3 games?any deal on other electronics -tv's and the like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭sue97

Its on the playstation 3 and they have them in Clare Hall as we speak.

Just back, they have none but are getting them on Monday, the day after the promotion ends.

They have empty boxes on display behind the desk but no Wii's or DS actually for sale.

I saw the boxes on the shelf, rang kids to say I had one only to find there were none left.

Not a happy tesco customer at the moment.

does tescos in swords have a electrical section?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭colmranger

Only xbox 360s left tonight 10pm in Tullamore.

The xbox 360 is not that good of a deal because they are Gears of War Packs marked €459 with one game.

Recent prices in other shops are much better with bigger game bundles than that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

EyesOnly wrote:
    does tescos in swords have a electrical section?

No. It's not much bigger than a newsagents.

colmranger wrote:
    Only xbox 360s left tonight 10pm in Tullamore.

The xbox 360 is not that good of a deal because they are Gears of War Packs marked €459 with one game.

Recent prices in other shops are much better with bigger game bundles than that.
    €449 actually.

Nothing wrong with the deal in my opinion.. as a regular shopper of Tesco, the vouchers will be welcome.

It may be more expensive before the reduction but still a great price if you take it into account.

No. It's not much bigger than a newsagents.
    Ah thanks, im off up their tomorrow and thought id call in if they did :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Fnz

basquille wrote:
    Nothing wrong with the deal in my opinion.. as a regular shopper of Tesco, the vouchers will be welcome.

It may be more expensive before the reduction but still a great price if you take it into account.
    It's not bad... but is still a bit lousy of them to charge over the odds for the 360 - assuming its the Premium model with the 20GB hard drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

but is still a bit lousy of them to charge over the odds for the 360

Think you're missing the main point here lads.
    It doesn't really matter what price Tesco are charging, it's the fact that you are getting 50% of it back, that's the important news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Bettyboop

okidoki987 wrote:
    Just in case anybody's looking for a Wii.

Dundrum SOLD OUT
    Stillorgan SOLD OUT
    Ballybrack SOLD OUT
    Jervis SOLD OUT
    Nutgrove SOLD OUT
    Lucan SOLD OUT
    Clarehall SOLD OUT

as at 10am today :(

PS3 games
    I'd have a look in any of the above larger stores in Dublin
    also Finglas.
    Bray advertises the deal but doesnt stock them:mad:
    Greystones didnt know what I was talking about."What offer"??:mad:

lol i went into roscommon this morning to ask if they had any, they had a normal pack no games etc... long story short i got me a GOW pack :D

EDIT: Thanks OP

EyesOnly wrote:
    lol i went into roscommon this morning to ask if they had any, they had a normal pack no games etc... long story short i got me a GOW pack :D

EDIT: Thanks OP
    There was a story there? :confused::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

You wont get a Wii anywhere now, the day after the promo started most Tesco's had run out. If you did find one anywhere it's a staff member holding on to it and was found out...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭johndoe77ie

Any PS3's available in the Dublin area ????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

any psp's left any where in the country?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭sue97

Hi Johndoe,

Try phoning Clarehall, they had a few on Friday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

Dundrum had PSP's on Saturday.

• Advertisement

Dundrum is a bit out out for me, im living in the midlands... Co longford.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

Bring the wife/mother and make it a SHOPPING trip :eek:

LOL :D - I MIGHT TAKE A SPIN TO ROSSCOMMON / CARRIC ON SHANNON STORES 1st

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Linked to the use of the vouchers that you get, if you take up this offer, see my posting at:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=54025195&posted=1#post54025195

Any feedback welcome...via the other posting. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

Had planned on buying a PSP Lite for around €180.

Looked in my local Tesco today and see they have a PSP for €179.95 and a PSP 2Meg with Media Manager for €289.95.

Can anyone advise me which is the best deal taking the 50% voucher offer into consideration?

spongbob wrote:
    LOL :D - I MIGHT TAKE A SPIN TO ROSSCOMMON / CARRIC ON SHANNON STORES 1st
    Roscommon didn't have any when i was in yesterday, they had filled the shelf that had console/handhelds with Ps2 joypads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Yellow Dog wrote:

Looked in my local Tesco today and see they have a PSP for €179.95 and a PSP 2Meg with Media Manager for €289.95.

Can anyone advise me which is the best deal taking the 50% voucher offer into consideration?

2 gig stick is worth about €30 as is media manager....Media manager is a waste of money you can get freeware programs like pspvideo9 that work just as good for video converting...And moving photos,music and such is just just drag and drop with psp...

€179 plus €90 voucher = €90 for psp....
    €289 plus €145 voucher = €145 psp

Is Media manager worth €15?Not imo

I would get the €179 package

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/741951/Sony-Memory-Stick-Pro-Duo-2GB/Product.html Sony Memory Stick 2GB €27.99 Delivered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

Thanks for that, squall20.

I guessed that.

Yellow Dog wrote:

im only after returning from Tesco Tullamore, got the last psp but it was 259euro, i know i will get 125back in vouchours, i am a bit confused "YellowDog" did you only pay 179 for yours today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭colmranger

spongbob wrote:
    im only after returning from Tesco Tullamore, got the last psp but it was 259euro, i know i will get 125back in vouchours, i am a bit confused "YellowDog" did you only pay 179 for yours today?

Thats strange i was told Fri night everything was sold out except for xbox 360s?:confused:

yeah they still have around 6 xbox 360s on the shelf!! had 1 ps3 left and a 1 psp... i got the last one... i paid 254- Yellow dog said he seen them for 180. i wonder what store he seen them in!?

• Advertisement
Advertisement