Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

50% back in points on Xbox360s & Wiis in Tescos

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

spongbob wrote:
    yeah they still have around 6 xbox 360s on the shelf!! had 1 ps3 left and a 1 psp... i got the last one... i paid 254- Yellow dog said he seen them for 180. i wonder what store he seen them in!?

two dozen boardsies have just left their pcs ran out the door and jumped in their cars, bound for tullamore!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

and when they got there they discovered it wasn't 24 hour :D

Wonder how long it will be before all the stores suddenly have PS3's,
    XBox 360's, PSP's and DS Lites back in stock?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah - promotion is now technically over.. right?

Think it was only Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Yep.
    Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I officially hate Tescos. I went into Midleton Thursday afternoon, knowing nothing about this. Saw the signs, went to Customer Service. Yes it covers all consoles, PS3s as well. Do you hanve any in stock? Checked the system. No, none in stock. Sorry bout that.
    Went to Douglas and Wilton on Saturday afternoon, Douglas only had XBoxs (Not 360's) and Wilton had a couple of 360's.
    Sunday morning, was in tesco Midleton again, asked teh same girl in Cust Services, again she checked again no stock. She called down the gimp who looks after hardware. Sorry, last one went at 3pm Saturday. Saturday? When did they get a delivery in? Didn't - they were in the stockroom all the time......
    Barely controlling temper.....How did that happen?
    he had them in a cage in the warehouse and fforgot to put them into stock. Glared at him until he said if there was a delivery on order, they would charge me yesterday and give me the console when it came in. None on order.
    Barstewards. Lesson - Always look for the gimp in the warehouse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

Checked in Headford Rd Tesco on Saturday, no 360's, no Wii's, both SOLD OUT. Wanted a PS3, said that they never got any in..... So got 2nd hand one in Gamestop for €510 with Motorstorm and Resistance: Fall of Man.... forked out €45 for 2nd hand one. Loving it :) Would have been better with the 50% back.... :mad:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I found someone here on Boards who bought 2 PS3s and paid him 420 for one of them and then picked up Motorstorm and Resistance Fall of Man for 34.99 each in Gameshop in Liffey Valley.

The pre-owned games are half the new price- wahoo!

smccarrick wrote:
    .. picked up Motorstorm and Resistance Fall of Man for 34.99 each in Gameshop in Liffey Valley.

The pre-owned games are half the new price- wahoo!
    That's a first - anytime i'm in Gamestop, they only take a fiver off the new price if it's used! :mad:

basquille wrote:
    That's a first - anytime i'm in Gamestop, they only take a fiver off the new price if it's used! :mad:

Gameshop- not Gamestop! They're two different chains :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

Game are normally the same

You'll find the platinum versions are due out soon so they are only giving €10 or something for trade ins on them

Good find though

• Advertisement

smccarrick wrote:
    Gameshop- not Gamestop! They're two different chains :)
    Sorry.. completely misread it.. no Gameshop near me! :(

There is however a Fesco and a Munnes Stores... tee hee..! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

whiterebel wrote:
    I officially hate Tescos. I went into Midleton Thursday afternoon, knowing nothing about this. Saw the signs, went to Customer Service. Yes it covers all consoles, PS3s as well. Do you hanve any in stock? Checked the system. No, none in stock. Sorry bout that.
    Went to Douglas and Wilton on Saturday afternoon, Douglas only had XBoxs (Not 360's) and Wilton had a couple of 360's.
    Sunday morning, was in tesco Midleton again, asked teh same girl in Cust Services, again she checked again no stock. She called down the gimp who looks after hardware. Sorry, last one went at 3pm Saturday. Saturday? When did they get a delivery in? Didn't - they were in the stockroom all the time......
    Barely controlling temper.....How did that happen?
    he had them in a cage in the warehouse and fforgot to put them into stock. Glared at him until he said if there was a delivery on order, they would charge me yesterday and give me the console when it came in. None on order.
    Barstewards. Lesson - Always look for the gimp in the warehouse.
    Unlucky, I went into Midleton on Saturday morning at about 10am, picked up one off the shelf and brought it over. She called up probably the same gimp who wanted my credit card checked before he went off and got one (the cheeky f**ker). 2 mins later, I'm walking out with a half price PS3. There were no boxes left on the shelves, but I heard him say there were a 'few' in the backroom.

Just wanted to say thanks to the OP for this great heads up

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

basquille wrote:
    Sorry.. completely misread it.. no Gameshop near me! :(

There is however a Fesco and a Munnes Stores... tee hee..! ;)

:eek::eek::eek::eek: They've opened a Fescos in Sligo.

*runs out the door*

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

corblimey wrote:
    Unlucky, I went into Midleton on Saturday morning at about 10am, picked up one off the shelf and brought it over. She called up probably the same gimp who wanted my credit card checked before he went off and got one (the cheeky f**ker). 2 mins later, I'm walking out with a half price PS3. There were no boxes left on the shelves, but I heard him say there were a 'few' in the backroom.

Just wanted to say thanks to the OP for this great heads up

Goddammit, now I hate you as well........:D
    Said Gimp looked like he had two black eyes, and that was before he told me what happened on Sunday........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭dublad23

I take it there is no way I can avail of this now? Will they be doing this offer again do you reckon?

dublad23 wrote:
    I take it there is no way I can avail of this now? Will they be doing this offer again do you reckon?

I doubt it- they do offers occasionally- they had a similar offer about a year ago on Siemens Fujitsu laptops (50% back in clubcard vouchers), and on another occasion on mobile phones. The console offer may come around again, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting......

It wouldn't surprise me if they did it to try and shift the old stock of overpriced original X-Boxes and PSPs, seeing the amount of them they had in Douglas, Wilton and Midleton.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

seeing the amount of them they had in Douglas, Wilton and Midleton.

Probably not now after last weekend :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

smccarrick wrote:
    I doubt it- they do offers occasionally- they had a similar offer about a year ago on Siemens Fujitsu laptops (50% back in clubcard vouchers), and on another occasion on mobile phones. The console offer may come around again, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting......

They actually had a similar offer to the one discussed here back in November so there's no reason why it won't be on again, could be a few months, could be at the end of next year but it's possible.

• Advertisement

Probably not now after last weekend :o

There were loads of original Black and Crystal X-Boxes in both on Saturday.....Couldn't give them away

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

whiterebel wrote:
    There were loads of original Black and Crystal X-Boxes in both on Saturday.....Couldn't give them away

Did you see the price of them though? €200 new. Half price means €100. Not a great deal for those.

Advertisement