Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me

Options
  • 13-09-2007 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭

Maybe im wrong to be mebbed over this:

I started ordering dog food ove the zooplus website recently. Free delivery on large bags of dog food is a pretty good bargain when you dont drive yourself. Anywhoo, the delivery guy kept dropping the bags off at the neighbours a few doors down from us. I wasnt happy with this, especially when the neighbour mentioned that he told her it was because, we had a large dog (hence the large breed dog food lol). So i emailed zooplus and told them i wouldnt be using them anymore because of the delivery guys behaviour.

Any zooplus looked into it, and said the reason was because he "was very much afraid of our dogs" ( bear in mind one of our dogs in enormous but the other one is the size of a cat) but that he would be willing to ring us in future so we could come out and take the delivery. Now, as as far as im concerned, thats what he should have done in the first place. He could have rang us if he was apprehensive about the dog, he could have walked around the front of the house and knocked on the door but he didnt do either, he just took the easy option of inconveniencing a neighbour who's name i dont even know. So im not gonna be using zooplus again. I'm not sure if im just biting my nose off to spite me face. Would that sort of half arsed attitude from a delivery person be acceptable to you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

It sounds like he shouldnt be delivering dog food.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

Thats hilarious!

Do your dogs jump up on people or something? Or did he just see "large dog food" on the packet and decide not to even go up to your house?

I feel sorry for that poor guy! Talk about being in the wrong job! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I'm sure the guy doesn't deliver only Dog food and lets face it nobody should have to run the gauntlet of a dog when calling legitimately to a house. Is your dog loose and able to get to someone calling to your door? It's no different to the postman or meter reader who will not call to a door because of a dog. The fact that he is delivering dog food is immaterial. I too have a large dog and have had difficulty with deliveries due her being out but I can appreciate where the delivery people are coming from. When we are not a home we keep her in a large run and when at home we go to the door the minute she barks at someone pulling up at the gate.

Give the poor delivery guy a break!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

I had terrible problems with the couriers Zooplus were using too. Used to be an older guy and he'd ring me as soon as he got his hands on the delivery to make sure I was there. Then the last order took ages to arrive, after 10days from the day it was shipped I went on holiday. Next thing I'm being woken up at 5am in Canada by a different delivery guy saying he'd had my order in the back of his van for a week and couldn't get it to me because and I quote 'Nobody in your town knows you'.

Unbelieveable, he had my bloody number, couldn't he have just rang me the week before instead of lugging my stuff around and asking randomers if they knew me? The mind boggles :eek: So I'm not using them anymore either. Seems like they need to sort their stuff out.

Advertisement