Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sat Nav

Options
  • 13-09-2007 10:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I'm looking to get a sat nav , but dont really know what i should go for.

Ideally id like to spend around €300 (is this enough)?

And get one that warns you of speed cameras location and has most up to date mapping.

I heard Garmin are good but do they have speed camera warning?

Can anybody recommend something? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

Few similiar threads in the GPS forum already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

One of my family have recently gotten a TomTom. It cost €400 and it doesn't warn about speed cams and you can update maps and the like from the web. Some cost money to get though.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭maceocc2

I got the Garmin Nuvi 250 from Komplett a few weeks ago, Its a great piece of kit i must say, havent had a problem with it at all. You can update the software and maps relitively easy from the Garmin website and as far as im aware you can download the speed camera info aswell,

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=334943

there also an easier way to avoid speeding fines....It's something like eeeeemmmmmm...don't break the speed limit...something like that anyway can't remember ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

layke wrote:
    One of my family have recently gotten a TomTom. It cost €400 and it doesn't warn about speed cams and you can update maps and the like from the web. Some cost money to get though.
    I have just got a TomTome One Europe and I can say it reminds me of speed cameras once I set it up.

You basically have to have a POI category set up with a warning sound. I think your friend might have to download the latest application software for his TT, as its only available to do on that.

You can then add as many speed camera locations as you want as POI's to this category. As you approach them, the unit will beep at you and tell you how far you are from it. I've set mine for a 750m heads up warning which is plenty time to ease off.

Irishspeedtraps.com will be publishing a list of all the fixed & mobile cameras in Ireland as GPS locations next month, so if you have the time, you can add them one by one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Nuvi310 is about that price now and I find it very good, think you would have to update the speed cameras individually yourself but apart from that it's a great little unit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,469 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Moved to GPS forum

Advertisement