Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading system internals - thoughts

Options
  • 13-09-2007 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, my old system (mainly my graphics card) is showing its age (can't play Bioshock, doesn't have SM3, and with a 22" monitor at 1680x1050, the X800pro is struggling!)

Old specs are in my sig, here are the new basics I'm getting, I have everything else:
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 (not buying from Komplett though, employee discount ;) )
    Club3D 8800GTS 320MB (once it gets back in stock)
    Gigabyte P35 DDR2/DDR3 motherboard
    OCZ 2048MB DDR2 PC6400 kit

I had originally planned to wait for Intels X38 chipset, but it looks like the first boards will be a bit pricey, and they won't be available for a while anyway.
    Thoughts? Cheaper parts anywhere?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Toolbag

That all looks fine, but if you want future proofing at that resolution, you should pay the extra money for a graphics card with more RAM - 8800 gts 640 or 2900 xt. Nvidia and ATI are bringing out new mid-high end graphics cards towards the end of the year - but their performance isn't really set in stone yet.

Advertisement