Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Was this guy out of order??

• 13-09-2007 11:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

I spent yesterday in Dublin City Centre as I volunteered to accompany my parents on their hospital appointments. We had some time to kill at midday, so we decided to have lunch near Stephen's Green.
    I parked in one of those rediculously expensive off road parking spaces as my parents are not great with the stairs in multi-storey car-parks between hip replacements and bad backs.
    After parking I proceeded to empty my pockets of change, only to realise that I had only enough for one hour's parking, which would not be long enough before we returned to the car. I called to my father from across the road to help me out with some change, but before he could cross the road to insert his coins this skangery-headed workman appeared from nowhere and pressed the green button.
    Asking him why he did this he replied with barely concealed hostility that he 'thought I was finished.' I had to then pay for parking twice as the first parking ticket was useless for the time I had intended parking.:mad:
    The question is, am I a dithery red-neck from the sticks who should be more swithed on when parking in the city or was the workman a low-life skanger with no manners?
    One way or the other, I was glad to head out into the wide expanses of Kildare/Laois countryside yesterday evening and leave this kind of ****e behind me.;)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Yer man was a twat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Joo snooze, joo lose.

Be glad that he didn't steal your car too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

muppet. at least you can afford to pay for the ticket, he probably sang on grafton st for 2 hours to be able to park his wheelbarrow legally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Eh... those multi-story car parks DO have elevators ya know ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Linford

azezil wrote:
    Eh... those multi-story car parks DO have elevators ya know ;)

You ever been inside/smelt one of those elevators?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

he was well outta order but iv come to expect it in Dublin:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

That was quite rude....he could have asked you if you were finished at least!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Very rude but not out of the ordinary, not shocking anymore... sigh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭DevilsBreath

Bouncing his head off the dispenser for a while would have shown him the error of his ways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You don't press other peoples buttons and get away with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

That's what you get, dealing with a different species.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

It might have been an innocent mistake; they may have been away with the fairys. It happens. Otherwise it was very ignorant.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

OP, there is nothing wrong with dublin. you must be tellin fibs?

we'll prob find out later you were sticking american dollars in the parking meter.....

(or you got your life partner to do it...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Guy is a dickhead, apparently they have them outside Dublin too.
    BTW the Mercer/Stephen's Green multistorey lifts have been spotless any time I've used them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

he should have given you the money for the 1st ticket, the asswipe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Sounds like a c*nt to me

Advertisement