Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premier League 15/16/17 September

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

the lost cause thing doesn't really hold any water tbh. a foul is a foul imo

just look at the Bellamy penalty incident against Birmingham.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

the lost cause thing doesn't really hold any water tbh. a foul is a foul imo

just look at the Bellamy penalty incident against Birmingham.

A foul may be a foul all it wants in your opinion however the laws of the game are not based on your opinion!

it'd be a better game if they were :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Let's clear this up shall we.

Law 12 - Fouls and Misconduct.

PDF From Fifa Official Site

Easier to read HTML site
    Fouls and misconduct are penalised as follows:

Direct Free Kick

A direct free kick is awarded to the opposing team if a player commits any of the following six offences in a manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force:

* kicks or attempts to kick an opponent
    * trips or attempts to trip an opponent
    * jumps at an opponent
    * charges an opponent
    * strikes or attempts to strike an opponent
    * pushes an opponent

A direct free kick is also awarded to the opposing team if a player commits any of the following four offences:

* tackles an opponent to gain possession of the ball, making contact with the opponent before touching the ball
    * holds an opponent
    * spits at an opponent
    * handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within his own penalty area)

A direct free kick is taken from where the offence occurred.* (see preface)

Penalty Kick

A penalty kick is awarded if any of the above ten offences is committed by a player inside his own penalty area, irrespective of the position of the ball, provided it is in play.

No mention of control of the ball anywhere.

A penalty kick is given for the same infringements as a direct free kick, if the infringement occurs in the box.
    iregk wrote:
    A foul may be a foul all it wants in your opinion however the laws of the game are not based on your opinion!
    Nope, millersangel is right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Ok and how many refs are willing to give that if the ball has been taken by the keeper and then a foul occours? None!

Common sense kicks in apart from the odd ridiculous decision.

iregk wrote:
    the ball has been taken by the keeper

i would imagine that it the main difference between wat happened on saturday and wat you're talking about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'm a Rovers supporter and I have to say it was in no way a penalty. I wasn't pleased to see Pedersen diving either.

Terrific start to the season for Rovers. 9 points from 5 games may not sound brilliant but considering that the team have played Arsenal and both Chelsea and Everton away, three draws have been good. The two wins, away to 'Boro and at home to City, are very good result too.

The team seem to have the bit of luck which usually deserts them at the start of the season and its good to see. Pompey at home this Saturday is another match where the team are going to have to graft hard. Santa Cruz and McCarthy both looked very jaded on Saturday so hopefully they'll be back firing on all cyclinders by next week.

Here's to the unbeaten run continuing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Derby 1 up vs Newcastle and deservedly so in a ****e match.

Nice goal from Miller

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

And it's all over! Big Sam fecking up my FF team, Martins has to go :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,081 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Aye mine too. After N'Zogbia scoring in each of Newcastles last 2 away games I figured he might be worth a cheaky stab as captain for this one, but no. And the fecker got a yellow in the last few minutes as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

That was an awful football match, really nothing to add.

kdjac

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Well, that puts a dampener on Newcastle's happy buzz.

Advertisement