Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi fare to Castleknock?

Options
  • 13-09-2007 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Thinking of moving out to castleknock in the near future, will be moving from pretty much the city center (not by choice!!) so I was wondering what's it like getting back to Castleknock after a night out? Is it well serviced by Nightlinks and how much roughly does it cost to get a taxi out there at night?

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Tinytony wrote:
    Hi guys,

Thinking of moving out to castleknock in the near future, will be moving from pretty much the city center (not by choice!!) so I was wondering what's it like getting back to Castleknock after a night out? Is it well serviced by Nightlinks and how much roughly does it cost to get a taxi out there at night?

Cheers.

Rougly €15

• Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

The Pheonix park is a great little short cut at night time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

It all depends where in castleknock you are moving to! some parts of what's now called castleknock go up as far as clonsilla!!!

To get from town to Moyo's / castleknock village you'd be looking at about €11 in a taxi, but if its up the closilla end of castleknock you'd be looking at €15 ( i don't even know how they get away with calling it castleknock... )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Jon wrote:
    The Pheonix park is a great little short cut at night time

We don't always have a lift off Emmet Stage via the Magazine Fort ya know, 'nor do we want it ya big ol' queer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

Ye know, I said if anyone is going to pick up on the Pheonix park jibe it'll have to be Mairt - proved right again!

'Ouch' is not an Emmet Stagg term ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

( i don't even know how they get away with calling it castleknock... )
    Indeed, its an insult to to the fine people of Clonsilla to mislabel it as the dive that is the knock'

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Tinytony

Sound lads, €15 doesn't seem too bad, some of my mates had been saying it costs around €30.
    Looking at a couple of places around Castleknock "village" itself, nightmare trying to find accomodation (4 bed) anywhere at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Jon wrote:
    'Ouch' is not an Emmet Stagg term ;)

I thought you told me he pays extra for no KY jelly?.... OUCH :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Tinytony wrote:
    Sound lads, €15 doesn't seem too bad, some of my mates had been saying it costs around €30.
    Looking at a couple of places around Castleknock "village" itself, nightmare trying to find accomodation (4 bed) anywhere at the moment.

No it will be €20 max. thats what I paid 2 weeks ago with 2 people from Dame street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭FOGOFUNK

Its served by the 39N and 70N aswell, always more "interesting" than taxis!

• Advertisement
Advertisement