Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting RAM on P5W DH Deluxe

Options
  • 13-09-2007 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

I'm trying to set my RAM to DDR2 800 on the ASUS P5W DH Deluxe and have been for a while since I built the PC. After each setting config after sometime I either get an error message when I boot up saying "Overclocking Failed Press F1 to enter set up or F2 to reset settings" or when I run orthos it stops saying Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4.
    My RAM is 2Gb OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 ATI CrossFire Dual Channel with Timings 4-4-4-12 and a Memory Voltage between 1.9v - 2.1v. My CPU is an e6600 C2D @ 2.40GHz.
    I have the CPU Freq set at Default 2.66, the Vcore Volt set to Auto(1.30v), the DRAM Freq set at DDR2-800mhz, Timings set at 4-4-4-12-5 and tried all Memory Volt from 1.9v-2.1v. Testing with Orthos as I increased the Mem Volt to 2.0v the test stopped after 7h 20mins and with 2.1v it stopped after 9h 15mins with the rounding error messages so I assume I'm getting close.
    My Question is do I need to change the CPU Vcore Voltage? Is 1.3v too low? Do I need to change the FSB? Is 2.66 to Low? or should I change something else. I understand all systems are different but which settings should I next try out?
    Thanx for Any Help.

http://www.memoryc.com/products/description/2Gb_OCZ_DDR2_PC2_6400_CL4_ATI_CrossFire_Dual_Channel_kit/index.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

For the sake of testing to see whether the RAM can actually be stable disable the timings by SPD and set it to this instead 5-5-5-12 leave everything else at stock/auto and run Orthos.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Gerb68

I set Timings to 4-4-4-12-5 and set everything else to Auto. I ran orthos Test: "Blend - stress CPU and RAM". I ran the test on one of the Cores even do it said "You should run two copies of SP2004 simultaneously".
    After about 10 hours my PC shut down. When I rebooted and looked in the splog and the final few entries it said
    "Self - test 4096K passed!"
    and then it ran 5 tests with the last entry
    "Test 5, 4500 Lucas-Lehmer iterations of M17115073 using 1024 FFT length".
    I assume this is not good?

Advertisement