Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Football 14/15 September..thats this weekend

• 13-09-2007 12:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭

Friday
    Cork City vs Longford...Home
    Waterford vs Bohs..Away
    Drogheda vs Derry City ar TG4 ..Away
    St. Pats vs Bray..Home
    Shamrock Rovers vs Galway..Draw

...and big 1st division game Finn Harps vs Dundalk...Home

Sat
    Sligo vs UCD...Home

I think Drogheda will continue to stumble to their title but Rovers won't take advantage.

Expect Cork to give Longford a wake up call. Longford missing Dave Mooney while City could be about to go on a roll ala 2004.

From a betting point of view 8/13 on Cork City at SBoilsports is stand out and I will be taking a large piece of that.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

on what possible basis are you giving Galway a draw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

They have got some good results away from home recently. 2-2 with Drogheda, 0-0 with Cork.

They have Stephen O'Flynn back and overall look like a team on the up.

If the match in Terryland is anything to go by then there isnt much between the sides.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Div1

14 Sep 2007
    Finn Harps v Dundalk
    Kilkenny City v Athlone Town
    Limerick 37 v Cobh Ramblersk
    Wexford Youths v Monaghan United

15 Sep 2007
    Kildare County v Shelbourne

16 Sep 2007
    Wexford Youths v Limerick 37

Dundalk on a terrible run atm, so the trip to deepest darkest Donegal is not looking nice. I'll definitely call a win for Harps here.

KK are the worst team in the history of football. No problem for a decent Athlone team.

Limerick aren't very good at the minute, and Cobh will be pushing for the title. Cobh win.

Wexford Young Boys entertain Monaghan. I reckon a draw.

Shels to take Kildare. An away game I can actually get to, so they better win:cool:

Then on Sunday WYB take on L37. I reckon a WYB win.

They have got some good results away from home recently. 2-2 with Drogheda, 0-0 with Cork.

They have Stephen O'Flynn back and overall look like a team on the up. .

Credible results against two teams with euro hangovers, thats the key.....
    If the match in Terryland is anything to go by then there isnt much between the sides.

What about the match in Tolka where we hammered them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

DesF wrote:

KK are the worst team in the history of football. No problem for a decent Athlone team.
    :eek: Athlone are shite! 2 wins in 15 games and they've lost 9 away games in a row! Kilkenny are shite as well alright but its hard to know whos shiter at the moment. The last time they played it ended in a shite 1-1 draw. Should be a shite game. Draw.

You're right about Dundalk though. Last thing we need is a trip to the most in form side in the league. Only glimmer of hope is we tend to play well against them and we haven't lost to them in ages. Improved performance from Dundalk but a narrow defeat nonetheless.:(

Kildare Shels looks a bit drawy, although the 2/1 on offer is tempting for a home win.

Reckon Mons can beat Wexford boys, they're in good form lately and have won 4 and drawn 1 of their last 7.

• Advertisement

Credible results against two teams with euro hangovers, thats the key.....

What about the match in Tolka where we hammered them?
    Hammered them, you scored a winner in the 87th minute and won 1-0! Do you know what hammered means?

Pighead wrote:
    :eek: Athlone are shite! 2 wins in 15 games and they've lost 9 away games in a row! Kilkenny are shite as well alright but its hard to know whos shiter at the moment. The last time they played it ended in a shite 1-1 draw. Should be a shite game. Draw.
    Hmm, I've seen them three times this season. They aren't actually that bad. No, they'll beat KK.
    Pighead wrote:
    Kildare Shels looks a bit drawy, although the 2/1 on offer is tempting for a home win.
    No way, we'll definitely win this weekend.

DesF wrote:

No way, we'll definitely win this weekend.
    You sure you're just not compensating for last weeks pessimism? Kildare are brilliant don't you know. They hammered Dundalk last week! (No smart comments please :) )

Pighead wrote:
    You sure you're just not compensating for last weeks pessimism? Kildare are brilliant don't you know. They hammered Dundalk last week! (No smart comments please :) )
    They haven't beaten us this season, and we've improved our squad a LOT since we played them last.

As for last week, my pessimism was well placed given our injuries/suspensions/non-suspensions.

As for County hammering Dundalk last week, well, Dundalk are on such a bad run at the moment.

What happened up there?

DesF wrote:

As for County hammering Dundalk last week, well, Dundalk are on such a bad run at the moment.

What happened up there?
    Philly Hughes out of form, Shaun Williams(our best player by far this season) getting injured4 or 5 weeeks ago. Crawley playing centre back for a while due to injuries, missed him getting forward up the wings.

Williams back soon so hopefully we can finish well and sneak 2nd place and then beat Waterford again in a playoff and finally return to the promised land.

• Advertisement

Pighead wrote:
    Philly Hughes out of form,
    But Robbie Doyle came in no? Legend in his own mind that lad.
    Pighead wrote:
    Crawley playing
    You should have stopped there. Brutal player.

Pighead wrote:
    beat Waterford again in a playoff and finally return to the promised land.
    It'll be Longford in the playoff imo. And they'll beat whatever team is in the playoff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Cork City vs Longford...Draw
    Waterford vs Bohs..Away
    Drogheda vs Derry City ar TG4 ..Home
    St. Pats vs Bray..Home
    Shamrock Rovers vs Galway..Draw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,956 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Really looking forward to Saturday's game in Newbridge.

A local derby for us??!?!?!? :eek:

3-0 win for the Reds. :cool:

Put your money on Harps tonight @Evens men. No Williams, no Crawley, no Lynch no chance. Nice price for Harps. Being from Dundalk it pains me to bet against my own team but Pigheads got bills to pay!

:rolleyes:

Jersey trouble in Waherfur.

Ref decided Bohs away jersey was too similar to Waterford's one, so Waterford got in touch with a local junior team for a lend.

Bohs refused to wear them because, and this is brilliant, they were green and white hoops:D :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

pats 3 up

Bohs wore the same strips in the last game vs waterford, its the blue trim on the jerseys :eek:

kdjac

Cork 2-0 down after 10 mins, now 3-2 up:)

http://www.colours-of-football.com/colours03/irl/new/irl_bohemians_2_07.gif

http://www.colours-of-football.com/colours03/irl/new/irl_waterford_1_07.gif

They clash?

We won 4-2 usualy dodgy performance , Ryan at faut for their 1st and Foley for their 2nd.

kdjac

They have Stephen O'Flynn back and overall look like a team on the up.

4 - 0

you arent very good at this

Got 3 from 6.

Easy afterwards smartass.

Will yee beat Bohs on Monday?

Apparently they refused to wear Hooped jerseys tonight in Waterford after a Waterford secured them from a local junior club and had to play in Waterford's away kit.

I don't know if that is honorable or just stupid.

• Advertisement

Got 3 from 6.

Easy afterwards smartass.

Will yee beat Bohs on Monday?

Apparently they refused to wear Hooped jerseys tonight in Waterford after a Waterford secured them from a local junior club and had to play in Waterford's away kit.

I don't know if that is honorable or just stupid.

It wasnt afterwards. I picked that one out as strange during the week.

Yes we will beat the black and tan filth. Owe them one and Blackie Connors is in the process of being found out big time. If Bohs did it, its small time and minnow behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

4-1 win will do nicely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

denis behan = superstar

:D

Shels beat Kildare County 4-1 last night.

Mark Leech had a superb game, scoring two (one was a fantastic lob from 25 yards) and making one for Bisto Flood. Chambers opened the scoring.

I'd love to see a league table of the second half of the season.

Did Haverty get on?

kdjac

Not even on the bench.

DesF wrote:
    Not even on the bench.

Odd you lot worship anto flood one of the worst players ever to play for us, and the best player we have ever brought tru the youths cant even get onto the bench :confused:

Why did Keely ask for him.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Anto Flood is a very good player and always gets stuck in for the team.

KdjaCL wrote:
    Odd you lot worship anto flood one of the worst players ever to play for us, and the best player we have ever brought tru the youths cant even get onto the bench :confused:
    Er, it's the first division, he scored five in three games earlier in the season. It's easy to see why he's been popular.

Keely gets a lot out of him, he's always on his back during games, making him work hard. I'd say he can be a lazy fecker sometimes, but he's a real handful for defenders, arms and legs all over the place when he's been marked closely.

Meh, I couldn't care less what he did or didn't do for you lot, he's doing the biz for us at the moment, that's all that matters.

As for Haverty, I haven't an idea why he's at the club. We could do without the loanees tbh, need to play players who will be with us next season.

Apart from Leechy, he can play all he wants.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,956 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

KdjaCL wrote:
    Odd you lot worship anto flood one of the worst players ever to play for us

Just like Richie Foran wasn't good enough for youse either. :D

Some really well taken goals last night. :)

Bozos 0 Rovers 2.

Typical run of the mill win for title chasers over mid table makeweights.

I really hope Shamrock Rovers don't win the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Indeed, hard enough to listen to them at the best of times, that and I have a financial interest in Drogs winning the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

DesF wrote:
    I really hope Shamrock Rovers don't win the league.

me too:D

Indeed, hard enough to listen to them at the best of times, that and I have a financial interest in Drogs winning the league.

If you prefer to see an team of mercenaries paid for by reckless and unsustainable debt win over a local young team of fans of the club run on budget with a social charter thats your call.

• Advertisement

local young team of fans of the club run on budget .

*Giggle* fans of who?

Budget!!! must be easy to budget when getting a free stadium and someone else paying off the debt the old Shamrock Rovers ran up.

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    *Giggle* fans of who?

Budget!!! must be easy to budget when getting a free stadium and someone else paying off the debt the old Shamrock Rovers ran up.

kdjac

dear oh dear kdjac. poor stuff.

you should hold off being a smartarse, you will be joining us out there when special k turns that dump of yours into appartments. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Oh yes he did! :)

dear oh dear kdjac. poor stuff.

you should hold off being a smartarse, you will be joining us out there when special k turns that dump of yours into appartments. ;)

hey you lot owe me, when your full list of debts were put in a paper a few years ago, myself and 3 mates clubbed together €3:34 for one of them, even got a cheque wrote up for it. And it was cashed !!!!

Dont go biting the hand that feeds you. And dont start going on like a UCD fan goes on about coefficents and attds, seems Rovers fans now know how to run a football club.....

Special K will move us, i am in doubt about that sadly not tallaght

http://www.shelbournedevelopment.com/property.php?id=28

kdjac

Zebra3 wrote:
    Just like Richie Foran wasn't good enough for youse either. :D

Be mad if we tried to sign him now wouldnt it ;)

kdjac

• Advertisement
Advertisement