Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

bus lane not in use - ok to use?

Options
  • 13-09-2007 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,

Just a quick question. Comin ginto Dundrum from the M50 Sandyford exit there are some new bus lanes with signs saying they are not in use. I presumed that means they are not to be used by any traffic at all, however I often see buses / taxis using them. They appear to be finished.

So, am I allowed to drive in them until they are opened up for use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

In a word, Yes, Oui, Ja, Si, absa-posi-fackin-tively.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Use to your hearts content and ignore the drivers who are sitting in traffic and tut-tuting at you and calling you a lawbreaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

Hi lads,

I presumed that means they are not to be used by any traffic at all, however I often see buses / taxis using them.

no it's not that, it just means that they're not just specificaly for buses/taxis yet.. Probably waiting for a new route to start on it or soemthing, like they did in Clondalkin whilst waiting for the 151 to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Scoobydoobydoo

We live off this road and use the lane all the time - it means it's a bus lane, but not in use (as a bus lane), for the time being.
    You are right to ask this, more people should, because when they're sitting in the regular lane, we're flying by them perfectly rightly, but they probably think we're just being cheeky!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

because when they're sitting in the regular lane, we're flying by them perfectly rightly, but they probably think we're just being cheeky!

Ehhhh stop telling everyone or the people in the "know" wont have an advantage anymore - we'll be stuck in traffic too :rolleyes: :

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

Aye - i know the lane you mean. Yes, I use it everytime im in ballinteer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Love the post-19:00 or Sunday run through the (non 24hr) Bus lanes too. Amazing how conditioned 95% of drivers are, never use them when they're allowed to.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Scoobydoobydoo

Curran wrote:
    Ehhhh stop telling everyone or the people in the "know" wont have an advantage anymore - we'll be stuck in traffic too :rolleyes: :

Oops, you're right there, wasn't thinking, d'oh!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Yip

Advertisement