Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Move the Economics forum to 'soc'?

Options
  • 13-09-2007 2:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭

Hi, having finally found where the economics forum in the 'personal' section of 'biz', i am requesting to have the forum moved to the 'soc', erm, area...

The reason i believed that there was no economics forum was because i had assumed that it would be listed with humanities. Economics is the science of human behaviour and so i believe that its place is with humanities. Looking at the forum now its seems to be a bit of a graveyard and i think this is due to its location being so hidden.

I hope you consider my request.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Moving over to Feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

The reason i believed that there was no economics forum was because i had assumed that it would be listed with humanities. Economics is the science of human behaviour and so i believe that its place is with humanities.
    Economics may be the "science of human nature" but in my opinion humanities would be the wrong place for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Ekancone

smashey wrote:
    Economics may be the "science of human nature" but in my opinion humanities would be the wrong place for it.

What about under 'soc'? What is your definition of humanities?

We're not looking to define humanities here.

Maybe a separate sub-forum of business would make it easier to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

The mods of Economics would like this, btw. It's a social science. Business is more of a sub-category of economics rather than the other way around, since economics deals with wayyy more than business. View, for example, The Causes and Consequences of Distinctively Black Names!

• Advertisement

Ibid wrote:
    The mods of Economics would like this, btw. It's a social science. Business is more of a sub-category of economics rather than the other way around, since economics deals with wayyy more than business. View, for example, The Causes and Consequences of Distinctively Black Names!

Exactly.

Yeah, but biz is a pretty well defined category here. If I was looking for economics here, my first stop would be biz.

smashey wrote:
    Yeah, but biz is a pretty well defined category here. If I was looking for economics here, my first stop would be biz.

But business is only a part of Economics, if anything business should be listed under Economics.

But business is only a part of Economics, if anything business should be listed under Economics.
    I know that. What I'm saying is that we have well recognised categories here and maybe economics would be better suited as a stand alone sub-forum of the business category. This would stop any renaming of categories. Not that the admins couldn't do so if they wanted to.

smashey wrote:
    I know that. What I'm saying is that we have well recognised categories here and maybe economics would be better suited as a stand alone sub-forum of the business category. This would stop any renaming of categories. Not that the admins couldn't do so if they wanted to.

Yeah, thats not a bad idea there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

smashey wrote:

I disagree, I wouldn't even think of looking in biz for it and especially not under "personal". I know what you are saying but economics no more falls under the biz category as it does the science category, despite psychology (another social science) and archaeology being there.

I don't see a clear answer but I imagine it's not intuitive for people to look under Biz - Personal for Economics.

Advertisement