Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

LHD Insurance

Options
  • 13-09-2007 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭

Oddly cant find any threads about this. Any recommendations? I see all the online quotes exclude LHD specifically.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,020 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Insurance companies often exclude stuff from their online quotes that they will be willing to quote for over the phone. People I know had no problem insuring a LHD VW van they converted into a camper - unfortunately I don't know who they're insured with. Give some of the insurance companies a call. Tell them first off that you're looking to insure a LHD car, so at least if they won't do it, you'll know up font without wasting time with all the other details they'll ask you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

My insurance didn't bat an eyelid at the fact that my car is LHD ...but took a lot of convincing that a "Transporter" can also be a car with seats and all and not just a van or a converted van.

Advertisement