Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teething

Options
  • 13-09-2007 2:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭

Our Yorkie lost her two front teeth last week and you can see her adult teeth starting to come thru. The problem is she has been very narky and out of sorts since the teeth fell out. We've bought her more chewy toys for biting on but it doesn't seem to be enough. Does anyone know if we can get something to help ease the pain for her?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭rubyred

Take a face washcloth, make it wet, twist it, and put it in the freezer. You can then give it to her to chew. (and it can be washed and reused many times) The cold will help numb her gums and relieve some of the pain. I did this with my puppy. She also liked to crunch on ice cubes when teething.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭frizzefreckles

I'll try that out tonight. Thanks rubyred

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭rubyred

Just a note - if you are giving your dog ice cubes, make sure you run them under the tap for a second first. Sometimes they can be "sticky" immediately after coming out of the freezer and you don't want one getting stuck on their tongue!!!

Advertisement