Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Foo Fighters - ESPG

• 13-09-2007 3:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭

the new album, echoes, silence, patience and grace arrived at my doorstep today. I must say I like it but it seems yet again there are some absolutely amazing songs but the others cant stand up to them. the last album was their worst by a mile I think and then the one previous to that so in my eyes(a former addict's eyes) they were on the decline... while not bringing them back to tcats or tinltl highs it is still an improvement on an overall scale.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

The release date is September 21st. Huh? :p

I don't think In Your Honour was their worst, I think One by One was far patchier. New single is decent, I may pick the new album, when it's....released ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

i'll comment simply because im disappointed.

i'm a huge fan, and of course still will be, been listening to this now over 24 hours, i find that they have used the same theory now on the last 2 - 3 albums, the single is massive, it rocks, and they make you believe that the "new album" will be the same.

I'm sorry so far im really not overly impressed, like the original poster yes there are a few tracks that i enjoy, but over all it's the pretender and then down hill from there on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I must say i do love the ballad of the beaconsfield miners. really cool little instrumental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

How did you get the cd this early?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

i really like to new vid :)
    great song, great band.

will buy the album when i can

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Had a listen to some of it in the car this morning. It's good but not great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Middle of the road, bland stuff.

Used to worship these guys when I was 15 but they haven't made a decent album since There is Nothing Left to Lose. Could be their worst album, it'd be up there with One by One anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

foo's are another band who fall into that "2 good albums band" catagory, weezer would be another.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭fortuneg

How did you get the cd this early?

Who said anything about a CD?:)

I'm not particularly impressed with this one, around In Your Honour standard, better than One by One anyway...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

fortuneg wrote:
    Who said anything about a CD?:)

QUOTE]

A download hardly 'arrives at the door' as the OP mentioned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

|Cookies wrote:
    The Pretender was a great single=/ just hope it isnt the only good track!

It pretty much is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Let it die is an amazing song

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Neo#

There arent enough rockers on it. Love the pretender and stranger things have happened. It feels like an acoustic album at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Cremo wrote:
    foo's are another band who fall into that "2 good albums band" catagory, weezer would be another.

QFT.

Self titled debut and TCATS ftw. Everything else they did is pop rock at its finest. I saw them in the SFX back in 1995, when they f*cking kicked ass, im glad i saw them before they hit the skids. They just lost all thier enegy after TCATS, they have flashes of the old brilliance here and there nowadays, but they just lost it a long time ago, and it aint comin back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,019 ✭✭✭✭Basq

'The Colour And The Shape' ftw... haven't really enjoyed any album since!

Apart from a few decent tracks on each album..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

mm i see most ppl here saying..'ive listened to it once..not impressed'...thats possily why...give it a few listens...its a grower...but i will say..if your expecting the album to be like the single..well..its not!

Advertisement