Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wndows upgrade causes problems

• 13-09-2007 3:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭

One day using my destop nice and fine, I see the automatic upgrades and let them continue as usual. The following day I went to use the machine and for some reason the screen wont show anything. I remember seeing one of the upgrades was for the graphics card.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Did you try start it in Safe Mode?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Your graphics card may have come loose.

Edit: nah I doubt that is it. That would show something on the screen saying that there is no input.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

Did you try start it in Safe Mode?

Wouldnt make any difference mode you were in. For one you wouldnt be able to see what you were doing as nothing comes on screen anyway. Appreciate the thought tho :(

Your graphics card may have come loose.

Edit: nah I doubt that is it. That would show something on the screen saying that there is no input.
    I did wander if it was that but alas I came to the same conclusion :(

Any other bright ideas (please)??? :o:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

can you see bios post messages and and xp loading up while you boot up??

if you can then the new drivers might have set too high a res for your screen (or old res with higher refresh rate). so "safe mode" or "VGA mode" will probably work

if not then it has to be a hardware problem, so power off, open and re-seat every card and cable you safely can

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Have you tried the monitor on another computer. It may be fooked.

• Advertisement

I am away on my hols and wont be able to check it out until a week today - thanks for the suggestions!!

Just to let you know the monitor works fine on another computer so the nxt step is to change the graphics card.

Anyone know where I can source some semi decent ones from??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Slymonster

You should try Komplett.ie or elara.ie
    they both have a decent selection and decent prices.

Do you know what kind of video card slot that ya have?

Slymonster wrote:
    You should try Komplett.ie or elara.ie
    they both have a decent selection and decent prices.

Do you know what kind of video card slot that ya have?

Thanks for the suggestions Monster and I have no idea what type it is as I havent opened the box yet. I will do that probably in the next two weeks as I am shooting 3 weddings over the next 7 days in two countries so pretty busy sorting that out.

Cheers again

Mike

Advertisement