Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2142 Titan question

Options
  • 13-09-2007 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭

Got a question on 2142 titan mode. I dont play Titan all that much more in to the conquest game. Anyways when I do play at the start I normally go commander as its so boaring a game style and I always bring my titan up as close to the enemy titan to make the game more intresting when the shields do come down, thats really only when I enjoy that game style. SO anyway the last few times I went commander I couldent move my titan, and this is at the start of the round not after the shelids come down. I have made many atepmts to move it and the voice says " Can`t comply with move order ".

Has somthign new happened to titan mode recently, This has happened on about 3 servers now. So im wondering if this is server related or game related. Can servers have this feature turned off now?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Got a question on 2142 titan mode. I dont play Titan all that much more in to the conquest game. Anyways when I do play at the start I normally go commander as its so boaring a game style and I always bring my titan up as close to the enemy titan to make the game more intresting when the shields do come down, thats really only when I enjoy that game style. SO anyway the last few times I went commander I couldent move my titan, and this is at the start of the round not after the shelids come down. I have made many atepmts to move it and the voice says " Can`t comply with move order ".

Has somthign new happened to titan mode recently, This has happened on about 3 servers now. So im wondering if this is server related or game related. Can servers have this feature turned off now?

Titan movement can be turned off if the admins wish to help avoid lag. Think it was 1.20 that added that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Yeah a moving titan really lags out the server( or some peoples connections , i am not sure which) so many server have titan movement switched off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Titan guns can also be a serious pain in the ass, which is why alot more servers are knocking off mtitan movement now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

AH well that explains it then. Its just made Titan much less apealing then to me. I thought it was only that they couldent move onece their shield went down.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

I find Titan quite boring too except on some maps:

Port bavaria : excellent. all the silos are very close together so gameplay is fast on the ground. Lots of airspace to the north so titan assault is fun.

Sidi: only good when titans are close together imho

Suez: same

verdun: probably my favourite but better when titans are closer.

I'm tryign to get my repairs up so unless the titans move in closer to the action, no-one seems to bother destroying the guns for me to repair :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

yes getting the titans close makes it a little more intresting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Mmmm, miss poddin onto the roof from the titan. Must fire it up some night and get a few games :)

Advertisement