Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Irish Practical Shooting Association Website

Options
  • 13-09-2007 5:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭

The all new Irish Practical Shooting Association Website is

www.ipscireland.org

The irish IPSA team taking part in the European Handgun Championships in France will be updating this site on on a regular basis.

Best of luck lads!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭V Bull

Nice one fishdog,

Where abouts in France and when is the competition taking place.

What are the team shooting, hundreds of questions too many to ask, give us some back ground when you get a chance.............

Are you taking part...............

If so best of luck to all..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭cantona

The correct address is www.ipscireland.org

10 of us head off to France tonight(9 representing Ireland and 1 for U.K.). The competition is in Cheval Blanc, just north of Marseille with 1250 shooters from 47 different countries, not all European. See this link for all details http://www.fftir.fr/index.php?FicheNum=1836

The plan is that we send frequent updates to the new site.

The site is basic at the moment as it was only setup yesterday, but when we get it up and running it will contain much more detail. There will also be a private members area, accessible with log-on and password, video and photo links, sponsers links and much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭MortgageMan

Best of luck guys, Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas.

You will have a brilliant time, I look forward to the updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭V Bull

Thanks a mill, uuh agh Cantona........Best of luck............Look forward to reading the updates................Bring back some hardwear..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

cantona wrote:
    The site is basic at the moment as it was only setup yesterday

Could you lose the sound on the front page? It's kind of offputting, just a personal preference but I hate websites with background sound.

Some people who are logging on in work won't appreciate it either. Bit of a giveaway :D

• Advertisement

Hi Cantona, any further updates yet.

Bon Chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭les45

Lads the updates are online.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭packas

rrpc wrote:
    Could you lose the sound on the front page? It's kind of offputting, just a personal preference but I hate websites with background sound.

Some people who are logging on in work won't appreciate it either. Bit of a giveaway :D

Point noted regarding sound !!
    I only got the website up and running quickly so we could use it to post back some updates on the European Handgun Championship in France. Over the next number of weeks we'll be re-vamping it further and adding more IPSC specific topics such as firearms reviews, match preparation, training tips & techniques etc...
    So please check in from time to time. Details of upcoming events will also be published on the site.

For further information on the European Championships please see the official EHC'07 website (link on www.ipscireland.org). All results are posted there as well as a great selection of photo's from the compeition. As you'll see from the results page we've a good bit to do before we can be good enough to be in contention for a Presidents medal. But considering we're only IPSC shooting less than 2 years I think we did very well. A great experience. Roll on European Championships 2010 :)

All constructive comments welcome!!
    rgds,
    Pat.

Hi Packas

Thanks for the update, the guys sound like they had a great time in France, with a lot of shots taken.

Can you let me know what is the qualifying criteria for the European Championships in 2010.

Practical is really taking off and your website should help to give a better understanding of the sport, I look forward to future updates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭packas

Hi Packas

Thanks for the update, the guys sound like they had a great time in France, with a lot of shots taken.

Can you let me know what is the qualifying criteria for the European Championships in 2010.

Practical is really taking off and your website should help to give a better understanding of the sport, I look forward to future updates.

Regarding 2010 qualifying shoots nothing has been arranged yet. But please keep an eye on the website for updates. I know for sure that I'll be practicing a lot and attending as many competitions (funds permitting of course) in Europe over the coming couple of years in preparation for the 2010.

• Advertisement
Advertisement