Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rosslare car park

Options
  • 13-09-2007 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi all,

Im going to France for two days soon. And Im just wondering, is it safe to leave the car in the port car park? Its been told that it is unsupervised... Or should I better leave it somewhere else....
    And what are the charges?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

It is reasonably safe to leave you're car there, definitely safer than anywhere else in the vicinity. While the car park is unsupervised, there are staff coming and going all the time. When I worked for one of the ferry companies operating out of Rosslare I frequently left my car in the car park for a few days at a time and sometimes for longer than a week. I didn't have any problems and I don't know anyone who has.

Of course, pay extra attention to the necessary precautions - don't leave valuables etc in sight and if you've got a steering wheel lock use it. But I'd say go for it.

As for cost, I can't remember exactly, but it's a flat rate - not hourly or daily - of only €2 or €3, maybe a little more, so it's a cheap option.

Advertisement