Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic Disruption on KK -> Waterford Road

• 13-09-2007 6:25pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

Anyone else hear or see what happened on the KK to Waterford Road, just before Mulinavat? A recycling truck full of glass drove a good distance up the road spilling out its contents all over the road! When I arrived they were trying to sweep it up (well, one guy was while the rest of them just walked around the place like eejits).

Twas amusing but id imagine the delay was fairly bad!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

I passed it on the way back from KK this afternoon. Usual story when there's an accident. Traffic stopped, nothing coming the other way. Eventually some cars come the other way. They stop, we move. Flashing lights of fire trucks... thoughts of "uh-oh", hope nobody died, but still gonna rubber-neck... it's human nature!

Then I see nothing but glass bottles all over the place... Un-real!

There's got to have been plenty of punctures afterwards...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭road_high

A truck either overturning or shedding its' load on the N9; nothing new there then!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Wonder would the company have to fork out cash for new tires? Twas a right mess when I arrived, seemed like it just had happened. How I dont know, but I found it pretty funny. What are the odds!

What else has happened on this stretch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭SMERSH

Sully wrote:
    2 trucks wedged under the Ballyhale railway bridge. Neither driver would back down. :D

Numerous oil spills, loose animals, trucks overturned etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Sully wrote:

You name it, it has happened. Unfortunately that includes fatalities, including one poor gentleman in June or July if I remember correctly... I was coming home from KK and passed the scene before the emergency services got there. I could see a girl in her twenties bawling her eyes out (though thankfully uninjured herself). I didn't want to see anything more.

I heard somewhere that the level of fatalities and injuries on the new M1 up to the border are one seventh what they were with the old road. And this is not taking into consideration the increase in traffic in recent years.

Roll on the M9, and fu(k the tree-huggers and any begrudger who's never been to the south-east, yet has the cheek to question why a Dublin-Waterford motorway is being built.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

fricatus wrote:
    You name it, it has happened. Unfortunately that includes fatalities, including one poor gentleman in June or July if I remember correctly... I was coming home from KK and passed the scene before the emergency services got there. I could see a girl in her twenties bawling her eyes out (though thankfully uninjured herself). I didn't want to see anything more.

I heard somewhere that the level of fatalities and injuries on the new M1 up to the border are one seventh what they were with the old road. And this is not taking into consideration the increase in traffic in recent years.

Roll on the M9, and fu(k the tree-huggers and any begrudger who's never been to the south-east, yet has the cheek to question why a Dublin-Waterford motorway is being built.
    ......while at the same time are giving out that the M9 is taking away funding from the N11 so that the D4 crowd can get to their caravans in rosslare and courtown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 wellboy1976

The sooner the M9 is built to Waterford, the better for Kilkenny anyway..................................

....................you lot will be able to get to work quicker!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭road_high

The sooner the M9 is built to Waterford, the better for Kilkenny anyway..................................

....................you lot will be able to get to work quicker!:D

Very true...but more so for all those people now commuting the other way...carlow, kildare and even dublin

Advertisement