Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC Music (Technology)

Options
  • 13-09-2007 6:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Looking for opinions on anyone who did music technology worth 50% of the exam.

What did you do?
    Do you feel it was worth it?
    Would you do it again if you had your choice over?

I have already decided to do 25% Music Technology and 25% singing...
    I'm having second thoughts about the 25% singing and am unsure whether to go for Music Technology for the full 50%. I have completed a 4 part piece on via the PC and that went well, afaik that's all that is required for 25% (along with some edits on the day) what I'm wondering is what would I have to do for the other 25%...

Would be grateful for all help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I've heard vague rumours that it involves stuff like playing pieces directly in with a midi keyboard.. might be totally off but I guess they'd have to make it somehow more difficult... I was going to do 25% music technology, but I'm just doing choral singing now. Seems like a pretty handy option (music tech) though.

Also, as far as I was aware, for the 25% music tech, you need to do two 2-part pieces, though maybe one 4-part would count.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

do 50 percent ,it is so simple i couldnt believe it , i got an A in my practical and im not the best singer , def do it, only putting in 8 bars of music 4 me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Do Music Tech if you can. I did 25% Tech and 25% practical. I literally didn't know anything about Trad Irish music, wasn't great on the set pieces, but came out with an A2. So yeah music tech all the way. Not sure about doing it for full 50% though. The phrase 'too good to be true' rings...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 natrisioga

Thanks for the replies, im definitely going to do at least 25%, i would have a go a 50% only I dont know whats involved for the other 25%.

My music teacher has no experience of Music Tech, so isn't much help to me.

The other music teacher in the school knows abit about it (where I got my 25% info) but shes unable to help any further as she has a timetable overload.

Would still love to hear from anyone who did 50% Music Tech

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭kev_s88

i dont have a clue what you have to do for the full 50% but the 25% is the easiest thing you will ever do.and if you're worried about singing, dont be. i went into my exam having never sang in public before and came out with a B1. you'll do fine but i'd say stick with the 25% music tech

• Advertisement
Advertisement