Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Legal car cruise?

Options
  • 13-09-2007 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭

Hey, I've been looking around for somewhere and this seems like the best spot to ask..

I'm fairly interested in organising a legal car cruise, you know, rounding up the best I can and just hanging out enjoy the cars and possibly some sort of entertainment in the form of a DJ.

However, does anyone have any idea of the legal requirements I'd have to go through ? For example, is it enough for me to just get private property and haul everything onto that site, I'm doubting this though..so ?

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Noise complaints, neighbours, impact on the community etc.
    Could be arranged, but tbh, the gardaí would jump to get some NCT/insurance collars. If folk are above board/lucky, the event's above board and you don't get a shower of skangerbangers showing up it could be good.

There's probably a very good reason that it isn't already being done by someone else though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

SyxPak wrote:
    Noise complaints, neighbours, impact on the community etc.
    Could be arranged, but tbh, the gardaí would jump to get some NCT/insurance collars. If folk are above board/lucky, the event's above board and you don't get a shower of skangerbangers showing up it could be good.

There's probably a very good reason that it isn't already being done by someone else though.

Yeah that's what I was thinking (regards someone else doing it),

Regards the whole NCT/Insurance thing I'd most likely be inviting them myself and not just a free for all, To go through the bother of the boy racer type showing up in modified 106's and the likes...I'd rather invite something that makes it special.

But yeah, thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

The season's pretty much over for the car shows - they tend to be on during the summer. Try [URL="http://www.racershaven.com/]Racershaven[/URL]. Most of the upcoming meets/cruises would be advertised there. People do orgainise 'legal' meets already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

The season's pretty much over for the car shows - they tend to be on during the summer. Try [URL="http://www.racershaven.com/]Racershaven[/URL]. Most of the upcoming meets/cruises would be advertised there. People do orgainise 'legal' meets already.

Well..that helps quite a bit. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The sad thing is that these events are usually well organised and attended by genuine enthusiastic modified car owners. But what happens is that a few minority of muppets turn up with the intention of showing off to some young ones in short skirts, start doing hand brake turns, donuts, etc and ruin the whole event for the geniune enthusiast or anyone else who just wants to enjoy the day of looking over modified cars. Before you know it things get out of hand and the cops come down on the place like a tone of bricks. This gives the whole event a bad name and makes them almost impossible to organise in the future.

Unfortunately immature muppets are drawn to these events like moths to light, a pitty really as these events are normally very entertaining even for those like me who are not normally into the modified car scene.

Best of luck however.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Be carefull with wording,a "cruise" is generally considered groups of cars acting the maggot and doughnuts ect ect where i think its a "meet" that your interested in from your discription.

Incedently if your in dublin theres a meet on tonite at the Tuning Factory in Kfk industrial estate,its in the compound so no messers can get in and all are welcome.

Also how about a boards meet?Early some sunday morning in say the pheonix park or outter carpark of the spawell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

bazz26 wrote:
    The sad thing is that these events are usually well organised and attended by genuine enthusiastic modified car owners. But what happens is that a few minority of muppets turn up with the intention of showing off to some young ones in short skirts, start doing hand brake turns, donuts, etc and ruin the whole event for the geniune enthusiast or anyone else who just wants to enjoy the day of looking over modified cars. Before you know it things get out of hand and the cops come down on the place like a tone of bricks. This gives the whole event a bad name and makes them almost impossible to organise in the future.

Unfortunately immature muppets are drawn to these events like moths to light, a pitty really as these events are normally very entertaining even for those like me who are not normally into the modified car scene.

Best of luck however.

I second the notion, I've been to modified car shows, and even though modified cars aren't my cup of tea, I though the effort made by some people, to create a modified car that was really a whole lot better than the standard version of the car, was fantastic. I've watched videos of modifed car shows, and I found them more entertaining than watching stuff about the current Frankfurt motor show, for instance.
    The are a few muppets always, but most people who are into modified cars DO like cars, and they know the ins and outs of which engine in a range is easiest to tune, and all kinds of stuff that people who say they like cars and hate modified cars know as well.

Most people who are into modified cars love cars and their motor. Its just a few fools who start trying to drift whers theres no space to drift or start doing donoughts and somebody is standing in the centre that ruin the thing for those who actually like cars, and it gives the modified car industry and fans a bad name. The other thing I hate about modified cars are those fools who will tell you that the Corsa A and B are a great car(it just so happens to be a very popular car to modify) or the AE86 is a "legend" of a car, its a frickin 25 year old Corolla ffs, how can it be any good (I mean I know the AE86 is rear wheel drive, and it has a twin cam engine(like that matters since the vast majority of engines in the past 15 years are twin cams) but there must be more to it than that):eek:?

That is my only real quibble really, is when people spend a fortune on a car the rest of us consider to be a POS. When they modify a proper car like a Focus Mk1 I see absolutely nothing wrong with people modifying their car.

Advertisement