Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economics or Business?

Options
  • 13-09-2007 7:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭

Economics or business?? I really can't decide, both seem like sucha bore but i have to choose one! Any suggestions..preferably the easiest! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Economics involves much less learning- go for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Oh really? Thanks a mil...quick q though! I've been told economics is easy once you understand the basics like GNP n all that jazz! Cuz at the mo, it's all complete jibberish to me! Don't understand a thing and I'm asleep by the end of the class!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 ally_mull

economics!! - Im doing it for the leaving and its pretty okay because its all learning!!! (though it does get really really monotonous!!!!) but its grand though!!
    yea it takes you a good while to get into it but you will eventually, (theres a lot of diagrams you have to learn so watch out for that!)

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

I did both, got a B2 in Business and didn't even do half the amount of work I did for Economics which I got a C3 in and spent a good 2hours EVERY night trying to study. My vote goes for Business. Economics cost me my college course.

I did both, got a B2 in Business and didn't even do half the amount of work I did for Economics which I got a C3 in and spent a good 2hours EVERY night trying to study. My vote goes for Business. Economics cost me my college course.

OMG now i'm reeeealy confused! I know it's all peoples' perceptions but I don't wanna spend the next 2 years in doubt and regret not having chosen another subject! Now i'm confused between dropping economics, forgetting business, and taking up history! haha wow it's tough! Whats anyone's thoughts on that? History...??? :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 290 ✭✭Tak3n

business is the easier option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 egyhos

im faced with thes ame problem... but i asked alot of ppl and im taking economics, they say its much easier and u dont have to spend much tym learning...
    i'd say go for economics:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,839 ✭✭✭Alkers

Business all the way, I'd say it's the easiest LC subject by far. If you need I've a set of notes I typed out when I was doing the LC two years ago, might help with the revision which is all that Business is down to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

Business, its an easy choice really. The leaving cert is all about getting as many points as possible and business is alot easier then economics, I never found it as interesting tough!

Woah cant believe this thread is still going! lol

Eh yea thanks for all the advice...did't choose either as it turned out so you're aaall right! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Well thats cheeky... Oh the irony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

business is easy enough , its common sense... i got 3 class's a say with two teachers... i cant believe that i could get rid of geography and science and do this subject.... though id say from the outside economics would be a touch easier ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Ous stupid school had business and economics on at the same time, really don't cater for ones interested in business at all.

I went for business though and find it fairly easy.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Business is fairly easy if you put in a bit of work, you don't really have to use your brain, where as in economics you do.

Advertisement