Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any tips for finding places - Garmin / mapsource

Options
  • 13-09-2007 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Sorry if this has been discussed before but I just wonder does anyone have any tips for actually finding specific places either on the Garmin unit (I have the nuvi 300) or on mapsource on the computer. I find the user interface for searching very poor, the amount of detail required seems excessive and there seems to be no flexibility or am I just missing something.

As an example have to go to a match this week-end against Kingswood address Ballymount Park somewhere in South Dublin but thats all the information I have. I cannot find it, should I be able too?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

The problem is often that different people will have different names for a place (and different spellings).

In your case, it's easy to find Kingswood, and Ballymount, but if you look at it in Google Earth, there are parks all over the place! Some local knowledge required, when you get there..

Intersection of Ballymount Road and Kingswood Avenue:
    N53 18 16.7 W6 22 33.7

See attached GoogleEarth placemark.

Advertisement